Havanese Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS If you click on these photos, they get bigger. If anyone needs me to zoom them in closer I can.

Then once in Image Size, you want to FIRST change the pixels or dpi. My photo was 300, because its a big file. I will change that to 72.
THEN at the top, I will change the longest side ( the one with the most pixels) to 700 pixels. SEE PHOTOS.

Attachments

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you then save your photo by hitting "Save As"
The jpeg box pops up.

Take it down to "7". Dont leave it at max, which is 12.

Did this help anyone?

If you tell me what programs you use, I can tell you how to size the photos in them. I just have to find out.

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone wants to know how to make a photo of whats on their desktop, like I just did, here it is on a mac: ( It will save to your desktop)

On a Mac:
1. To capture the whole screen press "Command+Shift+3"

2. To select a certain area (crop) press "Command+Shift+4

3. To automatically add the selection (#2) to the clip board press "Command+Shift+4" and hold down the control key

In OS X, they are saved in pdf format, which you can open and edit in PS.

ON A PC:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

·
Mom to Dusty and Indie
1,181 Posts
Thank you!

I don't use the programs you gave details for, but I can usually figure these things out when I know in general what I have to do. Once I resized my photo, it uploaded with no problem. I just didn't realize before that I needed to resize it.

·
Oreo's Mom
2,099 Posts
Thanks Melissa, thankfully my hubby is a Graphic Designer/ TV Editor that uses the Mac. We have been using them for years, but I always had to ask hubby for his help to resize photos. So far all the photos of Oreo are up there thanks to him :) But thanks to you I can give this a try for myself and not have to ask anymore!!! Yeah :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts