Havanese Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Owned by a Havallon
2,534 Posts
Snazzle is a little doll but wondering if she is pure bred Havanese. My Mia’s ears went up and down with her first owner who thought she was a pure bred. They discovered she was half Papillon and returned her. It turned out the breeder’s daughter’s papillon who was due to be neutered the next week “took care of business”. I turned out to be the lucky one in all this because I think Mia is the best dog in the world. I also only paid $200 for her. The breeder felt terrible about all this and was not intentionally breeding mixes. I knew what I was getting, however if I thought I was getting a pure bred and that is not what I got, I would be awfully upset about this especially if I paid the going price for a pure bred Havanese. There was another dog recently on the forum with up ears and they discovered she was a mix, although the breeder claimed she wasn’t. Anyway, Snazzle is likely a wonderful dog. I just hope the breeder was not dishonest.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Snazzle is a little doll but wondering if she is pure bred Havanese. My Mia’s ears went up and down with her first owner who thought she was a pure bred. They discovered she was half Papillon and returned her. It turned out the breeder’s daughter’s papillon who was due to be neutered the next week “took care of business”. I turned out to be the lucky one in all this because I think Mia is the best dog in the world. I also only paid $200 for her. The breeder felt terrible about all this and was not intentionally breeding mixes. I knew what I was getting, however if I thought I was getting a pure bred and that is not what I got, I would be awfully upset about this especially if I paid the going price for a pure bred Havanese. There was another dog recently on the forum with up ears and they discovered she was a mix, although the breeder claimed she wasn’t. Anyway, Snazzle is likely a wonderful dog. I just hope the breeder was not dishonest.
Let's hope not, but I'll be looking for any signs. She is registered AKC. Thanks for the information!

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Characteristics include large, almond-shaped brown eyes, broad and folded ears, and a high-set tail that is well feathered and lies on the back or to the side.

Snazzle is cute as a button but Havanese have broad and folded ears.

·
Owned by a Havallon
2,534 Posts
Characteristics include large, almond-shaped brown eyes, broad and folded ears, and a high-set tail that is well feathered and lies on the back or to the side.

Even though Mia’s ears popped up they are definitely shaped like Havanese ears!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I am aware. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,878 Posts
I also remember the puppy that turned out to be an accident. There are some pretty old threads on Havanese with ears that are not “standard” for one reason or another, in spite of being purebred, and some really cute pictures of Havanese with expressive ears. Among the few Havanese that are able to move their ears some look a tiny bit different, so I wonder if it’s related. Or if it’s just because I’m not used to seeing them in different positions!

Do Snazzle’s ears move or are just popped up? Havanese are already so expressive, I don’t think I could ever say no to a Havanese able to move his ears!

Snazzle is super cute!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I also remember the puppy that turned out to be an accident. There are some pretty old threads on Havanese with ears that are not “standard” for one reason or another, in spite of being purebred, and some really cute pictures of Havanese with expressive ears. Among the few Havanese that are able to move their ears some look a tiny bit different, so I wonder if it’s related. Or if it’s just because I’m not used to seeing them in different positions!

Do Snazzle’s ears move or are just popped up? Havanese are already so expressive, I don’t think I could ever say no to a Havanese able to move his ears!

Snazzle is super cute!
Thanks very much. I have also noticed many older threads here regarding ear positions. It sounds as though ear positions can, in some cases, change until they're grown. When we got Snazzle her ears were upright. One has now folded and I expect the other will follow. They haven't changed positions besides that. They don't really go up and down.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts