Havanese Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
11,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So… Sydney’s week started by escaping through the front door on Monday. She was having a grand time running across the street in the snow, and then from yard to yard as me and Michael ran after her and tried to coax her to us. We were petrified! Luckily, it was snowing and a wet snow, so a basket ball size snowball on her undercarriage slowed her down a bit, although she still tried to lead us on a chase by doing summer salts when she could no longer run. We are now upping the reward for recall!

Two days later we noticed my little 7 month puppy is now a bitch 🤣 they grow up so fast 😭🐾💕

Today more snow and she had ball but this time in a safe space. She didn’t even mind the warm bath to get rid of those snow balls.

Snow Tree Slope Freezing Recreation

Dog Fur clothing Natural material Carnivore Snow

· Registered
1,137 Posts
So… Sydney’s week started by escaping through the front door on Monday. She was having a grand time running across the street in the snow, and then from yard to yard as me and Michael ran after her and tried to coax her to us. We were petrified! Luckily, it was snowing and a wet snow, so a basket ball size snowball on her undercarriage slowed her down a bit, although she still tried to lead us on a chase by doing summer salts when she could no longer run. We are now upping the reward for recall!

Two days later we noticed my little 7 month puppy is now a bitch 🤣 they grow up so fast 😭🐾💕

Today more snow and she had ball but this time in a safe space. She didn’t even mind the warm bath to get rid of those snow balls.

View attachment 179947
View attachment 179946
She’s adorable! One suggestion if she ever gets away from you again, as hard as it is when you’re panicking, try calling in a very exciting sounding (not scary or angry) voice, and running AWAY from her. So many dogs love the game of chase and it can be counterproductive, especially for a rebellious teen! (though I’m laughing at the idea of the snowballs slowing her down!!)

· Registered
11,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She’s adorable! One suggestion if she ever gets away from you again, as hard as it is when you’re panicking, try calling in a very exciting sounding (not scary or angry) voice, and running AWAY from her. So many dogs love the game of chase and it can be counterproductive, especially for a rebellious teen! (though I’m laughing at the idea of the snowballs slowing her down!!)
Thank you. That makes sense. We were trying very hard to sound happy. But running away and getting her to chase us is a good idea. But I believe she will never get away again. Hubby has her on a tight leash and will probably add a chastity belt any day now. 🤣

· Registered
999 Posts
Where is it that you get that much snow? She looks very cute with her snowballs. Did you guys laugh at her?
I am considering getting a self closing gate for my front doors. Shadow has gotten away only once when he slipped out of his collar when he were going out the garage.

· Registered
1,137 Posts
Thank you. That makes sense. We were trying very hard to sound happy. But running away and getting her to chase us is a good idea. But I believe she will never get away again. Hubby has her on a tight leash and will probably add a chastity belt any day now. 🤣
Lol… we did get these reusable diapers from Amazon, which helped contain the bleeding (there was way more than I expected, but I guess they’re all different) AND had the added benefit of adding a layer of protection so we joked they were her chastity belts. I’m sure it wouldn’t have done anything had she been left alone with a boy, but the one time my older (at the time he was 10, neutered since 9 months old!!) guy tried something, it was enough to give us a moment to separate them.

· Metrowest, MA
32,695 Posts
Where is it that you get that much snow? She looks very cute with her snowballs. Did you guys laugh at her?
I am considering getting a self closing gate for my front doors. Shadow has gotten away only once when he slipped out of his collar when he were going out the garage.
She’s my neighbor!!! Missy is the very first person I met with a Havanese after I got Kodi!!! ❤

1 - 6 of 6 Posts