Havanese Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I entered a painting I did of my Sophie (finally took the time to paint my own girl!) in an art competition which had stated there was a judging panel who would pick the winner. But after I entered I saw there is a public vote. I never would have entered if I had known that as I don't like asking people for votes. It didn't mention that anywhere in the rules (or some other important things) but I had already entered. (and after emailing them I find there will also be a judge as well). So this is the last day of voting and Sophie is in the lead but there is one that is catching up a little. So thought I'd sheepishly ask for some votes if you guys don't mind and if you think Sophie's portrait is worthy. There are about 15 pages of entries but Sophie is on this page middle column second up from bottom. We've found you have to hand type in your info not use autofill or it won't take it. Thank you so much I am embarrassed asking but really appreciate it. Today is the last day of voting.

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Companion dog

·
Metrowest, MA
31,844 Posts
Yes, yes, yes!!! I urged her to post here! i figured everyone would be willing to help this beautiful girlie!!! I already voted, or I’d vote again!!! 💕

·
Registered
43 Posts
I entered a painting I did of my Sophie (finally took the time to paint my own girl!) in an art competition which had stated there was a judging panel who would pick the winner. But after I entered I saw there is a public vote. I never would have entered if I had known that as I don't like asking people for votes. It didn't mention that anywhere in the rules (or some other important things) but I had already entered. (and after emailing them I find there will also be a judge as well). So this is the last day of voting and Sophie is in the lead but there is one that is catching up a little. So thought I'd sheepishly ask for some votes if you guys don't mind and if you think Sophie's portrait is worthy. There are about 15 pages of entries but Sophie is on this page middle column second up from bottom. We've found you have to hand type in your info not use autofill or it won't take it. Thank you so much I am embarrassed asking but really appreciate it. Today is the last day of voting.

View attachment 178885
Hi. I think your picture is really wonderful. I looked at the competition to be fair and voted for u because it was definitely the top one or two, depending on taste-and hey- it’s a smiling Havanese which gave bonus points.
very nicely done. I hope u win!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
It’s beautiful! I really love how you chose to paint her, it seems like a happy, satisfied moment in her life. I’m sad I missed this or I would have voted yesterday. Is there anywhere we can still view all of the portraits, just for fun? I hope you enter again next year! Are winners allowed? ;)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Didn't see this in time to vote, but my wife is an artist with a degree in Fine Arts. She saw this portrait of Sophie and said "Now that is an artist." Congratulations, no matter who wins this is the best. Thanks for all your hard work.
I would love to see some of your wifes work!! I hope she is painting Havanese too 🙂

1 - 20 of 26 Posts