Havanese Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, back to the forum for some advice.

I just discovered a sore in my puppy's belly. I don't think it's an injury, because I am with her pretty much all the time and did not see her getting hurt. Also, she is not licking it or scratching it, and when I tried to rub it with a wet cloth (thinking it was dirt), she did not complain. I don't see other spots.

It does have a ring around it, so maybe it's ringworm? I have called the vet, but they don't have an appointment until Oct 1st, so I sent some photos to them in case they think she needs to be seen sooner. I thought I would post photos here to see what the community thinks it may be.
Hair Nose Skin Head Hand

Head Eye Eyelash Human body Plant

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
Lol…our vet told me recently that one of the most common ‘tumors’ they see are actually nipples, especially on male dogs bc people don’t realize they have them (even though human men do too!). My husband definitely thought one of Jo’s nipples was a tick at one point 😂 but if it’s not in a nipple location, maybe not!

I can’t advise on whether it’s ring worm or not, but I can tell you that Charlie once had a few similar looking spots on his belly/ inside of his thighs. The vet thought it was some kind of mild fungal thing he picked up outside (lying on his belly outside) and gave us a cream for it and it cleared right up. But I think you’d probably have to have a vet take a look to be sure. Did the vet respond to your picture? I’ve found that to be helpful before; even if they can’t see the pup sooner, they can tell you to go to urgent care in the meantime if they think it could be something contagious or harmful.

·
Metrowest, MA
31,844 Posts
I don’t think it’s a nipple, because there appears to be a nipple right above it in the first photo. I can’t say what it is beyond that, dbut unless your vet gets back to you with better instructions based on your photo, I would keep the area clean and dry. I would NOT put coconut oil or anything else on it that is likely to make her lick or worry it, because it seems to me that there is already some broken skin around it. Just keep a close eye on it between now and when you can get her to the vet, so that if it gets worse you can ask for help sooner!

Reactions: Ona and LWalks
1 - 5 of 5 Posts