Havanese Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that it's Oct. 1st I can finally start putting up decorations and planning this without feeling like a weirdo lol! I'm curious - do any of you get a Halloween costume for your havanese? If so, tell us what they'll be this year!

Here in NYC there's a great Halloween Dog Parade (the week before the big greenwich village parade which is also a lot of fun) and we're excited to let Piper strut her stuff during it this year. Still need to decide on a costume for her though!

Tell me your Halloween havanese costume plans!

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
We don't do costumes, but Panda has a variety of Halloween-themed bows for her hair and she said she'd share some with Ducky. I also have Halloween-themed neckerchiefs that they used to wear to class Halloween week. But since we don't go to class because of Covid, I probably won't bother pulling them out this year. Our house is so far from the road that no one trick or treats here... if we buy candy, my diabetic husband ends up eating it all!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Shadow will be a pumpkin again! He wears the costume of my previous dog who wore it for years. We sit in our driveway and hand out candy to usually 75 or more kids.
It's amazing that he wears it as he hates wearing bandanas or items in his hair. I think he wears it happily because he knows how much attention he's going to get. And Havanese love attention!

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Since Halloween is Boo's birthday, I always have a costume for him. However, not sure what we will do this year. He used to like his custom made costumes but not anymore. Maybe, I will just let him go as himself this year.
We will love him as his Bootiful self! ❤

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ended up ordering her this:

Pumpkin!

It seems pretty minimalistic which I was going for in case she hates a more extravagant one. Plus she can keep the lil hoodie off if she wants. I thought it matches her color pretty well!

I also bought her a halloween goody box from Chewy because my mission in life is to keep Chewy in business apparently 😂

·
Arf! Arf! Super Moderator
3,504 Posts
Ricky and I will be participating in the HCSC HavaHalloween party on Oct. 23 in Anaheim. Ricky is going to be a "bucking bronco" with a stuffed cowboy rider on his back. About 25 SoCal Havanese are expected at the event. Yes, there will be photos. I'm curious to see how long that cowboy is going to last around Ricky, aka "JAWS." I can just imagine the headline in the LA Times, "Dog eats cowboy!"

·
Arf! Arf! Super Moderator
3,504 Posts
Oh my goodness we just ordered that for Jolene! (Though I’m fairly certain I won’t be able to get it on her for more than a few mins….) I couldn’t resist… and charlie will be the teddy bear!
It never ceases to amaze me that some prospective Havanese owners try to skimp on the price of a Havanese puppy. Talking about my personal experience, the initial cost of a Havanese is just a mere drop in the bucket compared with the life time maintenance cost of any dog, particularly a Havanese. Too often I see something for Ricky that I just have to buy. I don't even look at the price tag, Ricky has got to have it! The shock comes at the end of the month when I check the credit card statement or sometimes I know better NOT to check the statement. But why would you want to put a price tag on so much pleasure in your life?

·
Registered
358 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me that some prospective Havanese owners try to skimp on the price of a Havanese puppy. Talking about my personal experience, the initial cost of a Havanese is just a mere drop in the bucket compared with the life time maintenance cost of any dog, particularly a Havanese. Too often I see something for Ricky that I just have to buy. I don't even look at the price tag, Ricky has got to have it! The shock comes at the end of the month when I check the credit card statement or sometimes I know better NOT to check the statement. But why would you want to put a price tag on so much pleasure in your life?
Lol SO true! Purchase price doesn’t even come close…. Even when I’m not buying ridiculous Halloween costumes for both dogs 🤣

I also bought her a halloween goody box from Chewy because my mission in life is to keep Chewy in business apparently 😂
You and me both…. I try to support the local stores when I can but chewy has it all so I don’t have to make 5 stops!

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Ricky and I will be participating in the HCSC HavaHalloween party on Oct. 23 in Anaheim. Ricky is going to be a "bucking bronco" with a stuffed cowboy rider on his back. About 25 SoCal Havanese are expected at the event. Yes, there will be photos. I'm curious to see how long that cowboy is going to last around Ricky, aka "JAWS." I can just imagine the headline in the LA Times, "Dog eats cowboy!"
I can’t WAIT for the photos!!!

Reactions: Melissa Brill
1 - 17 of 17 Posts