Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
O.k. members ... with Melissa's permission, I offer up a spring challenge for you and your Havs!

Take pictures of your sweeties that portray your feelings about Spring. You could have spring flowers blooming nearby, the melting of snow, birds, maybe you are now changing the decor in your home, adding fresh pillows, flowers in vases or switching from down comforters to light linens on your beds.

Easter is approaching so maybe you'd like to come up with something along that theme.

It's up to you! Be creative and have fun!

April 30th is the deadline for this challenge and though there is no prize, we will no doubt be rewarded with much Havanese joy and playfulness throughout the month. :D

Post your photos in this thread - maybe not 10 or 20 of them, but how about posting up to 5 or 6 of your favorite shots?

·
Samson & Delilah's Mom
2,683 Posts
This is my favorite "Spring" picture from last year. Does it count?:rolleyes:
Sam is 12 weeks old.:)

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awwwww...... that is TOO sweet, Debbie!!! Amazing how quickly they grow up, eh? He's gorgeous.

Sure it counts! ;)

·
Amanda
9,576 Posts
For those of you with the Havanese 2007 Art Calendar on lulu.com Dora is Miss March and Miss May! So those were some spring flower photos we took that turned out nice! My problem is getting to the flowers and keeping the dog looking good. Dora loves puddles, mud, and anything else Mom tries to keep her away from!

Here are some from last year as the nice flowers aren't up quite yet around here and it is suppose to be snowing by the end of the week... southern california move isn't coming soon enough!

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She's beautiful! I quickly went to look at my calendar, but it's not the Art one so I didn't get to see Dora on there. :(

Love these pics, esp. the one of her running!

We're getting snow or rain for the next 3 days.... oh joy! :mad:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Amanda,
Great pictures. I am not good with a camera. Either I have the settings all wrong, so the picture is snapped just as the dogs are walking away, or it is too dark. I keep trying though.

When will you be moving to California?

·
Amanda
9,576 Posts
Marj,
Thanks! I find action shots the hardest with her. I have been trying to set up to take shots of her doing agility but my friends dont take the picture fast enough or Dora is next to something white so you can't see her!

Kathy- I have the same problems. I use my husband's fancy camera and just put it on auto!!! I think that helps me be a better photographer! I do love the digital SLR cause I can keep messing things up and just delete them!

I will be moving at the end of August! I am excited yet very nervous. We will be in LA since Jim is at CalTech. Probably live in pasadena. I think we are going to rent and feel out the area and real estate is quite different than the midwest. My current mortgage will be my apartment rent!!! I am worried about the adjustment for Belle & Dora. Dora really is in training about 3 nights a week so we are going to have to find a new club and some new activities!

Amanda

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
here are my Easter photos........sorry about the eye reflections:(

·
Samson & Delilah's Mom
2,683 Posts
Quincy is such a good boy. I like the way you are doing his topknot.:)

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
Thanks Debbie.......I got some good advice.......do you know her?LOL

·
Cooper,Emma,Lily,Winston
2,018 Posts
Everyones puppies and pictures are so adorable! I wish we could get some "Springy" shots, but like most of the country, it's freezing here too. We've lost all the flowers that were coming up, spring bulbs and flowering fruit trees so nothing looks very festive.
Cooper did a cute RLH at a robin, but there was no way I could capture it on film :p

Keep taking those pictures!
Beverly

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Julie those are adorable pics!!! What a cutie Quincy is. Now tell me how do you get him to hang his tongue out like that? lol Adorable!

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Has anyone managed to get some more spring photos of their Havs? I sure wish I could say I have tons, but let's just say that the crocus and tulips that started sprouting last week are buried under a few inches of snow..... yet again! :rolleyes:

It's going to be a gorgeous weekend here though so I'm hoping to get a few snapshots of the boys near the garden. Or maybe something in the house.

Get those creative juices flowing - it doesn't have to be a picture taken outdoors! :)

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
I think we are going to be drying out this weekend alsol , so maybe , if I remember to bring my camera, I will ty to get some pics.

·
Samson & Delilah's Mom
2,683 Posts
I think Spring has arrived in Nova Scotia today. Temperature almost 70'F. Nothing says Spring and warm weather beater than "Ice Cream Cones"
"Just a little lick, please share, gotch ya, yummy!"

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
Those are great!! Cuties - both of them!! We had 78 degrees today for my sons track meet which I helped run. Was out in the sun from 7:30AM - 4PM. I am exhausted but what a gorgeous day. Cant wait for tomorrow when I am only going to work in my garden with the pups running around!!!
Laurie

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Beautiful day there! The kiddos are adorable. ;)
We're having rain in northern California. I'm staying at home and keeping warm while my husband and 12 year old son are backpacking with the Boy Scouts this weekend. :)

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
I like the photos of Sam and the kids Debbie!Looks like there's alittle girl with a soft spot for Sam.......she gave in and shared!Persistance always pays off!:)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
What great photos :D
I was showing them at work, and a guy said "boy that puppy is really motivated." I would be that motivated by ice cream, too. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 112 Posts