Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took these of Stogie a couple of days ago. It didnt go quite as well as I wanted, but he is cute! He was tired and you can tell and I was tired which didnt help. I think he looks a lot like Keeper.

Attachments

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
I love the third pic of him Melissa!

You make all my photos look horrible! No fair!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Aw. He is so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! The puppy the breeder is showing us that would be good for pet therapy has similar coloring to Stogie. Its nice to get an idea of what he would look like when he grows up. Beautiful:) :) :)

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
Stogie is gorgeous!! I love the last picture, with the head cocked to one side. I wish I could get mine to sit still long enought to take a pic. Any suggestions on how to get 3 to sit together for a picture??

·
Samson & Delilah's Mom
2,683 Posts
Great Pictures. Do you have a favorite gel or hair spray to keep his hair in place? Is the background and the cover he sitting on one piece or is it touched up later?

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!!!! He is such a doll, he will just sit there and when I talk to him, his head goes back and forth.

The backgrounds are one piece and he is sitting on the floor with the exception of the first one and he is sitting on a bench. He gets groomed today, so I may try another. Maybe one of him and Goldie together.

I have tried three dogs before, but you need help. A tripod always helps in this situation as it frees up a hand. With three, I would put them on a bench or maybe the floor and try to get behind them and hold thier butts down. With someone else at the camera, that person needs to start singing or barking or meowing and as soon as they all look, move your hands and the person snaps the camera.

It will take about 20 tries if you are lucky and hopefully you will get one great shot. Its probably harder with small cameras that take a while to focus. You have to be quick on the trigger.

·
Casper and Missy
2,194 Posts
Melissa, Those pictures are awesome! What a beautiful dog! You can see the wisdom these dogs have from within in their photos. I totally enjoyed them, I love the pictures on the site. Thanks Melissa for all you do for us, we owe you.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
He and Keeper are twins. Keeper was exactly that color for probably the first year and a half. What color is the dark fur closer to the skin? Keeper now has a perfect fade from a charcoal silver along the top which gradually lightens down to white on his feet. It was the end of the dark tips when he was cut down.

·
Valentino's Mom, Vicki
2,590 Posts
Melissa, he is gorgeous! How do you get him to sit so still?? Valentino is always on the move! What color would you call Stogie & Keeper? I would love to get one that color next time!:)

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stogies coloring is always changing. He was called a golden brindle when he was born I think. His head is lightened a lot in the last few months and he has a very pretty charcoal on his roots also. Here are some as a puppy. I CANT believe he was this small. Its hard to believe.

Tami, is that Tanzi in your pic? She looks great!

Attachments

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As you can see from the studio shot above, he has been photographed since he came home. I think thats why they stay so well. They just stay then when Im done I give them a treat. Now it wasnt always that easy, and it looked like a circus trying to get the shot.

These dogs are so smart. They figured out getting it over with and then a treat was better than me forcing them until I got a good shot.

G

·
I love Stogie's color...it's gorgeous!!

Yeah...that is Tanz in the photo...it's an old picture, but one that I love. When it warms up I'm going to take her outside and snap some new photos. She's getting a bath tomorrow, so maybe...

·
Katie
2,217 Posts
Do I must know...how the heck do you keep Stogies coat so nice? Don't he and Goldie run and wrestle and chew on each other? His coat looks so perfect! Do you keep them seperated alot? I must know your secrets~!!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hi
Those pictures are fantastic . They look like they were done by a professional It reminds me of a web site of a breeder I visited for Cotons .
Your Dog is so handsome !!

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha Dawna, thanks!
Yea my dogs are tortured as they go to the studio with me almost everyday.

I use some hairspray I bought at a dog show. It doesnt smell too bad and its not sticky, which is good. I think its Chris Christianson. ( I know I spelled that wrong) His hair is long enough it stays back with less hairspray now.

Katie, I groom him every day, almost all day long, NOT! I can thank Jane for that. She lives about 5 blocks from my studio and she grooms him to perfection despite my BEST efforts to ruin his coat. If I brush him some and she does him once a week, he stay great. His coat is easy. But as in the past few weeks, when I am gone a lot. Its brutal. She does a wonderful job on him!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts