Havanese Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Melissa
Once again I would like to thank you for this forum .
I am new so I am still trying to figure wverything out but I do have one suggestion .
From what I can gather from others who have set me straight you are a professional photographer .
Also you own some gorgeous dogs that you are showing at Westminister Dog Show .
You have many committed and caring Havanese owners who send adorable pictures to your web site .
Have you ever thought of a Calendar or notepaper of your wonderful resource of Havanese and their owners . Yes, I know there are Havanese Calendars available but I think you could design an better one and one that touches our heart as it is our dogs . If not a Clalendar how about stationary note paper or cards that we could send to friends . You could charge us for them and a portion of the revenue could be donated to Havanese Rescue or you could poll the members and ask what they think is important and what they would like to support . .
It should be for non profit ..
I just think it would be fun if we could create something positive from all the wonderful people who are a members of your site and also give us an opportunity to show off our incredible Havanese dogs .
Each one is so unique and individual and absolutely adorable .
Of course you would have to decide what ones are in this year and which ones are out .. Just kidding but I think it might be a great idea to help Havanese Rescue or other dog rescue .

Just a sugggestion other members yeah or neah ..
Sometimes we seem to lose out focus and I think this is something positive we could do .. :) :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Me Again
Hi Melissa ..
I took some time to think about this and I thought .. OOps !!
I did not want youto feel like I was setting you up .. I am willing to help you (if you would need help )as you seem to be very organized and competent in everything that you do .
I just want to make this clear I wanted to offer this as a suggestion and a suggestion only and please feel free to say No absolutely not out of the question . How dare you even think of this .. I am over committed . No worries I understand and I do not want to be presumptuous in this suggestion ..
I just thought they are so many good things we could do .
I do not expect you to donate your time and materials for free either and I am offering my services to help in any way that you deem me fit . Typing is not my strong suit but I can get it right if I focus ..
Anyway as I said just a suggestion but maybe something positive and good could come out of this ..

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Me Again
I am willing to help you (if you would need help )as you seem to be very organized and competent in everything that you do .
This is actually a very good idea, and I would NEVER think you were putting me in a bad place for suggesting it. I have seen a couple of others in mention a calander so I was thinking on that. A havanese forum calendar. :D

Can I quote you above where you call me organized and competent? HAHA
I want to tell everyone I know. :D
Im only kidding as I feel I get scatter brained.

I say lets do it. I can figure out what the cost would be to have things produced, and what we should charge for them. The difference could go to a Charity of our choice.

I can do calendars, notecards, bookmarks, business cards, coffee table books, you name it. And yes, Im sure I would LOVE help on the project.

We can start a new thread and start brainstorming. :D
Good suggestion.

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
This is a big endeavor and I know from experience that things can get quite overwhelming when we take on a project, so of course I am also offering to help in any way I can. I think it would be very exciting and allow us to meet even more Hav owners via the forum or through the work produced.

I am on a few mailing lists, but it's nothing like this forum where exchange seems to be more intimate. I like that! :)

If you do decide to get something going, Melissa, please let us know what might be involved and I'll help.

Thanks!
marj :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Calendar Dogs

I received an e mail from Eurobichons and they are running with the idea of Calendars .. They are having one that is strictly Bichon and then they are creating one of Bichon members such as Havanese , Maltese and Cotons I guess . They are looking for pictures .. So many of you have such incredible dogs and wonderful pictures I thought you might be interested in submitting photos and participating .. Anyway just a FYI just in case as I thought it might be fun ..:)

·
Riley & Monte's mom
5,579 Posts
I Love this idea, how many times has everyone gone into a dog store, looked for things with a Havanese on it and walked out of the store with nothing... Plus to help a charity, I am all for that.

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
I think this would be very fun too!Count me in!Quincy too! :)

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
Well, with Melissa's fantastic photography on anything, I'd be a full-fledged supporter immediately! She has an eye like very few I've seen.

Cosmosmom, you have a great heart!

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
I think its a great idea!! So true about the stores, so little Havanese items!
My husband gets me a Havanese calendar every year at Xmas and they are cute, but I would LOVE to see pups that I "kinda sorta know"
Laurie

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Suggestions

I am willing to help in any way I can.Just let me know what you need.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts