Havanese Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ohhh, Noooo....

So, my new little boy Cash's coat was so long- we couldn;t see him squat to go potty to either praise or correct while he was in the moment. SO silly me took out the scissors, becasue I didn't want to traumatize him with a groomer.

Well the poor little boy looks like something the Cat dragged in (and we don't have a cat) my husband assured me it will grow and then he will be old enough for a real grooming. But my sweet little boy looks a little hacked up up. But it has helped us to anticipate his moves more. (and as silly as he looks he looks less like a skunk.

Thanks again everyone for being so supportive over my new puppy meltdown.

Things are much better every day.

Missy, Jasper, and Cash.

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,362 Posts
Hi Missy,

So glad to hear that you are all doing better. :) Don't worry about the haircut, it's only hair and it will grow back. Just don't try to do your hair. ;)

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
How funny!! I took Logan to the groomer so he could watch Lily & Lexi. I have a great groomer who only does small dogs and only does one dog at a time (except with siblings) . So my guys are not around 150 lb dogs while they are being groomed & it is a little less stressful. When I took him I just asked her to trim around his eyes (as we couldnt see them) and around his bumm a little. She did a nice job & did not charge me. Maybe you could do the same & take Cash when jasper goes.

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
Missy,
Just be careful never to cut the little hair streaming down from his pee-pee.I read that acts like a little "streamer"and the urine runs down that.With that gone,he will pee on the hair on his tummy.:D

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
jULIE, Thanks for sharing that info. I did not know that and with Logan being my first boy, I had already thought about doing just that. Now I wont!! Thanks.

·
Cooper,Emma,Lily,Winston
2,018 Posts
As silly as it sounds, thats the one sure way I could tell if Cooper had actually peed or not! I just held him up to see if he had a little drip hanging on. Ohhh boy...literally!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Uh-oh! I had to cut that piece of hair off :confused: It was all matted and a big mess, so I snipped. It grows back though and it seems to be much better, no matting.

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love this forum. Where else could you find out about cutting the fur on the pee-pee? I have to admit I have trimmed Jasper's.

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
Beverly and Lauri.......
I also checked that to see if he had an accident!How Funny!:D As crazy as it sounds,when you are housebreaking,you need all the tricks you can get!Sometimes my little boy will spill something,and my husband thought it was the pup.......one sure way to tell.....lift him up and check those hairs!:D :D
I also like this forum alot Missy .....the one place you feel like you can ask and not be afraid if it's silly,or get a silly sounding answer-like mine was:rolleyes: (but true,none the less):p

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
speaking of pp's... is it normal dog play for them to bite eachothers? Cash keeps going for Jaspers--- it looks like he's looking for a nipple. So far Jas hasn't yelped from those puppy teeth-- is this normal or something I should discourage?

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Well, Shelby (female) doesn't have one, but she does go after Kodi's, mostly just the sniffing thing. So, I guess it is normal, for dogs, anyway LOL

You don't even want to know what goes on when my daughter brings over her 2 dogs - a male and female Dachshund. :rolleyes:

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Missy,
Just be careful never to cut the little hair streaming down from his pee-pee.I read that acts like a little "streamer"and the urine runs down that.With that gone,he will pee on the hair on his tummy.:D
How true! We just got Ricky groomed for the first time last week, at almost 7 mths. I'd been doing it myself since day one, but wanted him to get a really good washing and some trimming here and there. She cut the hair from his penis and though she shaved a bit of tummy hair to avoid having it get smelly and dirty, it still does get that way. I'll have to remind her next time to leave his penis hair alone!! LOL

We all learned to check Ricky's hair there to see if he'd peed or not. He was so low to the ground as a wee pup that we often didn't see him squat! lol Checking there was our way of knowing for sure! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts