Havanese Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know why I dont do this everyday, but I should. Its been in the 80's here the last few days. So yesterday and today I took Goldie and Stogie on a long walk. All I have to do is say the Walk word, and they go nuts. They race to the front door and get SO excited.

WHY do I not take them all the time? Its good for them and its good for me. They enjoy it SOOOOO much!
So everyone take your dogs for walks. Im going to try to everyday.

Some of you may need a snow plow, did I mention it was 80 here? HAHAHAHA

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Been a beautiful week so far. Think it was around 80 today here in Louisiana. I agree on taking them for walks and even runs. Everytime I get even close to the front door, Mine is ready to go outside. He loves it outside.

Being an outside person anyway, He gets to spend a huge part of the day romping in the yard. Have to watch him like a hawk though. Derian loves to chase the squirrels which hang out in our live oaks. He tried to get to a mockingbird the other day in one of the bushes, But found out real quick that Mockingbirds will not retreat LOL. When it bowed up, It was like he was saying "Please Paws, don't fail me now" LOL. His feet were wet and when he made it to the cement of the patio and tried to make a quick turn he went sliding across the cement.:D

·
Samson & Delilah's Mom
2,683 Posts
Ok Melissa, now your just being mean. ;) 80' I forget what that is like. This is what we do for Fun:)

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
I am so jealous!! I want to take my guys for a walk so bad, but cant walk due to my surgery on my foot. I probably wont be able to do it for a few more months!! Well at least by then it wont be 20 degrees anymore.

·
Scout
334 Posts
My puppy is almost three months old and has not even stepped foot on the ground outside yet. By the time he was old enough to go outside, it was way too cold. It was below 0 when we brought him home, and we have had only a handful of days above freezing since then. Hopefully, he can go play outside soon!

·
Oreo's Mom
2,099 Posts
Wow, those nice temperatures sound so good - I am so JEALOUS!! Here in my part of Ontario it is currently 28 degrees F, thats -1C, but it is so much better than the -30 deg C, with the windchill. I just long for spring to come soon :) Enjoy the wonderful weather where you are, and very cute pictures too :)

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
ohh you southerners and texans!!! this is cruel. 80? But if you know of work for designers and producers--- we might relocate to a warmer climate.

Jasper loves the word Walk.... and the sentence "wanna go for a ...." we tease him and leave off the last word and he sits there wagging and wiggling and when we finally say "WALK?" he does this little jump/wiggle thing/ it's very cute--- but aren't they all...

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Kodi walks. Shelby looks like a ballerina. She jumps, spins and runs. It is so cute to watch her. Then she will attack Kodi and jump on him. But we all have fun. And did someone say 80 degrees. Probably won't see that for a few months.

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,363 Posts
My dogs love, love, love to go outside. We go twice a day most days, unless it's raining. I have a great doggy park two minutes walk from my house where they play off leash. We also go to the beach or Fort Funston (another dog friendly area) most days. My dogs love to play with other dogs, and run and chase each other or the ball. I couldn't imagine what I would do if they couldn't go out daily!!!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Just have to add that I took them for a walk today, because it was so nice outside. Shelby actually walked today - no ballerina. I think she is getting the hang of it. I haven't started puppy class yet, because I just missed one, and Shelby will be spayed in a few weeks. So it will probably be in late March or early April before we can join. She needs it.

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
We've had gorgeous weather here near Montreal, but nothing like 70 or 80 F ! Sheesh.... how spoiled you are! ;) We're expecting a snowstorm tomorrow - 12 inches of snow and high winds. How lovely. :rolleyes:

I love to get out front with Ricky. We live in a crescent so he got used to playing in the grassy area out front since he was very young. This week, I've gone once and I've sent the kids out with him 3 times already. I used to be out there with him everyday in the fall. My back was better then and I really enjoyed it. We've had some brutally cold days this winter, so walks have been rare, but Ricky will ask for the back patio door MANY times a day - he can't get enough.... he gets bored and just loves to sit out there.... and bark. sigh........

·
Oreo's Mom
2,099 Posts
We already got hit by that storm at lunchtime.. Sheesh, it is still solid white out there. They are also calling for FREEZING rain to top it all off. Boy, that gorgeous weather to the south of us sounds amazing!!! I could use some warmth right about now... :(

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hi :)
Well I took Cosmo amd Ahnold for a walk yesterday . They both lookes so cute with their blue harnesses and happy face leashes . it was so cute to watch their little black bums bouncing along . I am not that great at managing two dogs but I did my best . Any hints would be appreciated from you more expereienced parents of two or more ..
Our weather has been intermittent rain and in the 50's but we do have periods of clearing so we have managesd to walk between the rain and clouds .
Cosmo is fine - no ill effects from his surgery .
Cosmo did his usual and took a sit down while we were out on the walk . he saw a big dog and figured best to just take t no path of least resistance . Just sit ..Ahnold had no clue and could not figure it out .
Today we did the run like heck in the back yard ..Now we have t deal with the muddy paws :rolleyes:
Hopefully the weather will improve and we can walk as a family this weekend ..

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
So glad to hear Cosmo is doing better. I look forward to taking my guy for a walk. The doctor told me last week I thought you wanted to loose weight and you put on 10 lbs. I tried to explain it was probably my winter boots.:D :D

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Rita, very funny. I posted this somewhere else, but walking with your dog really does help you lose weight. Kodi will take 45 min walks, and the first month we had him, I lost 5 lbs. Can't weight until it gets warmer here, so we can start walking again.

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
Cosmosmom, so glad to read about Cosmo's quick recovery from surgery. That's good to know!

As for making it easier to go on walks, I already sent you the link privately, but I love using a coupler (or lead splitter) so you only have to hold one leash, and then it branches off into a "V" at the bottom, connecting both dogs via their collars.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts