Havanese Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, This is my first post but I've been making my way around the forum for a bit. Wow, what a wonderful resource!

DD is 10 1/2 months old and has lost all of her puppy teeth. It seems that her adult teeth are growing in at a really strange rate, sort of one here one there. Some appear to have fully grown in yet others are still tiny. Her bite was perfect as a wee pup. Is this normal? Any insight?

Thanks!

·
Oreo's Mom
2,099 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As for my own personal experience I only have a 5 month old puppy, so I can't offer any insight - just a BIG WELCOME!!

Here in this forum there are so many who know so much, so I know you will have a wealth of information soon enough :)

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Hi Sue and DD! I believe I've seen you post in the Cdn. Hav. list ... I'm Marj. :)

When Ricky started losing his baby teeth, pretty much the same happened. He'd lose one or even two a day, then nothing for a bit, the adult ones would come in here and there. I believe it was very quick for him, not sure what the norm is though.... Are you planning on showing DD? If not, I wouldn't worry about the bite. They usually work out just fine.

·
Valentino's Mom, Vicki
2,590 Posts
Welcome Sue & DD! Valentino had to have some of his baby teeth pulled but the adult ones seemed to come in just fine! Maybe someone on here has experienced that with theirs! Vicki

·
Samson & Delilah's Mom
2,683 Posts
Welcome DD & Sue, I'm sure you will find your answer here some where. Lots of Canadians are finding the forum:)

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
I'm intrigued that she has already lost all her puppy teeth, but the adult teeth didn't come in just as fast. Mine have all gotten their adult teeth shortly after the baby teeth fell out. The whole mouth usually changes within a two-week period (here).

I'm looking forward to reading other responses.

Have you asked your breeder? I have noticed some differences between the different lineages.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ozzy is 6 1/2 months old and has lost most of his babay teeth. He has the two big one the K9's left. The other fell out over the span of 2 weeks or so a couple a day here and there. The adult teeth started to show a few days afterwards. In fact his adult K9's are actually starting to come in with the babay ones there. I assume the adult ones will eventually push the baby ones out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. I've asked my vet and he seems to think they are just growing in at different rates. He's not too concerned but we'll keep an eye out.

Thank to all for the welcome too! I'll get some pictures posted soon.

Susan

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Our new pup, Sammy, who is almost 8 mths. old has crooked teeth. The bottom ones kind of zigzag, with some up front, and some in back of them. The previous owners should have corrected this as he was losing his baby teeth and getting the adult ones in, but what can you do.

It won't affect his health so it's not a huge issue, but that's why the vets will often wait to neuter so they can see the growth of the adult teeth and perhaps pull out a baby tooth or two while the pup is under if things are getting crowded.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts