Havanese Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to figure out a time to test the chat room. I put a new one in.
You might click Chat Room at the top to see if it lets you in.

Ill try to pick a time and see whoever can be online, we will all go chat and see if it works right. I wont know until I test it with a few people.

Tonight I have to go to dinner and tomorrow I may have a late appointment.
Maybe tomorrow at 8pm?

If anyone has issues post them here, or just email me.
Maybe once every couple of weeks we can have a chat. Maybe even have "guest speakers". You have to be registered to be in the chat room.
Since its free to register, I see no issue there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a new member and proud parent of my first Havanese, "Bentley". He is so different than any dog I have owned, he does talk and sing and is smart as a whip. I got Bentley right before Katrina (I am in the New Orleans area) and even with time spent in his crate for the two weeks we had to evacuate, I was a little concerned that it would affect his personality, but, he has turned out to be the best $1500 I ever spent. I have friends who have fallen in love with him and ask if I intend on getting a female to breed him with, the answer to that is yes, I can't wait to get another one. I am excited about the Havanese Forum and hope to be able to spend some time in here.

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok the test really didnt work. That was a couple of weeks ago, and I never really did it.
When everyone gets back from Nationals, we will try it again.
Keep in mind if you ever want to go in and chat you can any time.
Just tell someone you are in there, and you can chat back and forth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Breeding

I have friends who have fallen in love with him and ask if I intend on getting a female to breed him with, the answer to that is yes, I can't wait to get another one. I am excited about the Havanese Forum and hope to be able to spend some time in here.
Hi,

The havs are a wonderful breed and easy to fall in love with. Just want to make sure you are aware of the health issues before breeding. Please check out the parent website to make sure you have all the health testing in place before finding that perfect girl to go with your little boy:) The Orthapedic Foundation for Animals has a wonderful booklet that you can order that explains all the tests as well.

www.havanese.org
www.offa.org

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok Ill be in the chat room tonight. I may be there by myself, but Ill be there!!!! Around 8-9 central time.

Lets see how it works. Just click chat in the top links. If you are not registered, you wont see the link. You have to be registered in order to use the chat. And why wouldnt anyone want to register? We rock here! HEHE

·
Registered
32 Posts
Don't know that I can chat, but I do have a lot of questions. I'm still learning how to get around in the forum. Forgive me if I do something stupid. I'm interested in showing my Havanese and know absolutely nothing. Is there any kind of DVD that is a good learning tool? Also I have questions about grooming, or not grooming. I haven't had him cut at all. He can't see half the time. Any info on first-time showers would be appreciated. (WE did go to a match and learned a lot) Also, what area of the forum should I go to for this info. Is it the conformation section? Thanks for your patience.

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Tracey,
I would start a thread in the conformation section called something like Getting Started Showing, or Showing Tips, or something like that.
Then we can all go from there. There are a lot of people on here who can give you great advice. If you cant start the thread, I will do it for you, just let me know.

I may not be in the chat until 9 central time. Ill try to make it by 830, but we are headed for dinner right now and I am starving!

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think we were all late getting in. I had to go out to dinner, since I dont cook, I cant be picky. We will have to do that again, it was fun. Ill add something that shows how many people are in the chat room.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts