Havanese Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Beth and the girls
1,926 Posts
Tess watches me like a hawk but I don't get that stare. Cody on the other hand will stop in the middle of a walk to stare at me. "What, what do you want?" He finally starts walking again, looking disgusted that I didn't take care of whatever it was he needed. He probably thinks I need so much more training....
LOL I'm sure mine would agree with that. Both mine do the stare. Different stares mean different things. There is the I need to go out stare. I'm much better at this one than I used to be. LOL There is the I'm reading your mind stare, or maybe that is the I'm trying to control your mind stare since it usually results in a treat for them. hahaha Of course there is the I love you so much stare that is my favorite. This happens every morning! What a way to wake up.

·
Debbie B.
499 Posts
Riley has a couple of different stares. The one in my avatar is his "what are you doing...I don't think I like it." stare. He always gets this look when the camera comes out or whenever I pick up the brush or comb.

The other one is what I call his "love eyes" where he just stares at me with a look of absolute adoration. That look is what makes dog ownership so special. :kiss:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Murphy does the stare thing too. I am getting better at reading it. If it is about 9:30 at night it means "come on mom, get off the dang laptop and let's go to bed. If it is about 4:30 in the afternoon he starts his "come on mom, dad's at home waiting for us and I am tired of being at work" stare.

My kids and friends just think I am a weird dog lady but I swear he communicates better than alot of people do and in a much nicer way!

·
Stuey and Sadie
216 Posts
Yes, I have never felt that it was a dominance defiant stare. Sadie will sit by my chair on occasion and stare. The one that gets me is when she is lying down & puts her head on her two fron legs & stares with those soulfull eyes. Whatever it is I always feel guilty!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cazzie looks at me intently. He stares at me. I stare back. I say, "Come on Cazzie, say something." He just stares. He doesn't take his eyes off of me. The staring stand-off is broken when I look away. I can't take it! :)

Do your Havs stare at you too? Whatever do they want??????

Suzy
YES!! I don't understand why so much and so often!! Sometimes it makes me feel like ????? I just tell him go lay down sometimes! 🤷🏼‍♀️

·
Registered
11,457 Posts
My boyz did the stare! I’ve only caught Sydney staring once or twice, but she’s young and too busy chewing everything in the house😜 Jasper was the ultimate stare master. But here’s one of both of them staring me down, too. RIP sweet Jasper and Cash
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Wood Flooring

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Wood Floor

·
Metrowest, MA
32,278 Posts
My boyz did the stare! I’ve only caught Sydney staring once or twice, but she’s young and too busy chewing everything in the house😜 Jasper was the ultimate stare master. But here’s one of both of them staring me down, too. RIP sweet Jasper and Cash View attachment 179481

View attachment 179480
Master starers indeed! LOL!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts