Havanese Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really had a lot of fun at the Dallas shows this weekend.
Stogie took Best of Breed today and Saturday. :)

Sugar Baby took BOB on Sunday shown by Carly.
Carly does such a good job in the ring!

A BIG BIG WOOHOO to Holly Chant, she took Winners Bitch two days in a row
with Princess. She looks great showing Princess! Its nice when all of the hard work pays off.

I took a couple of Joan's pups in the ring last minute on Sunday.
Thief went Winners Dog, then I went out in the ring with Stogie who I showed as a special. I got him out there, all stacked. The judge looks at all the dogs then looks at me. Here I am with Stogie, all proud. The judge says Where is your Winners Dog? Utoh.
I forgot about him!

SO I almost run out, then Carol tells me its ok, they are taking care of it.
Tami grabs Thief, and brings him out in the ring. We have to wait, and Im apologizing to the others for being so unorganized. Stogies hair is out of control, and we all go around. Thief went Best of Winners, and Carly took BOB with Sugar Baby. Im not sure, but I think Stogie got Best of Opposite. I dont remember much, I was so razzled at that time. I found a ribbon in my bag, so I guess we went BOS.

Thanks to Tami for showing Thief last minute in Breed, AND finishing off the win. Thanks to Dawna and Carol for helping me when I was going in and out.
Thanks to Holly and Carly for not being mad at me holding up the whole show.

Kinda cool, at that time, it was Me with Stogie, Carly with Sugarbaby, Tami with Thief and Holly with Princess, ALL Red River Havanese Club Members in the ring at the same time. We should have taken a photo of that!!!!

Today I took Stogie in group just for kicks and giggles. Guess who the judge was? Yep the one from yesterday who not only told me I forgot to take my Winners Dog in the ring, but kept telling me not to run out of the ring before I got my ribbons.
She said she was going to put a leash on me! When she came up to me in group, she just kind of giggled. Im sure she was waiting for me to mess up. She was so nice and patient. I think we had the best judges this weekend. All were nice and patient.

The Red River Club Meet the Breed was nice. Im so happy our club is active and everyone put so much work into everything. Too bad the rain kept a lot of people out.
Ill find the collage file and post it here. I love seeing all of the cute havs on that.

The best part of the weekend was getting to visit and catch up with everyone.

I guess I should post the official names to all of these dogs, for those that are not here. Ill do that in another post. Ill try to put the photos Dawna sent me.

Thank you everyone!!!!!

G

·
Stogie was certainly deserving of the BOS win on Sunday...but I'm the one who shoved the ribbon in your bag. Thief was rolling in the ribbons that day, he went BOS too. It was a really fun show!! Congratulations to all the winners and everyone else who showed their hearts out. Melissa, you're ready to turn pro. I was impressed :)

Here's the collage...

Attachments

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just called Joan and told her about Thief. She was happy. I knew Stogie didnt get anything that day. I just didnt know where that ribbon came from.
Im lucky the judge didnt throw me out of the ring. :D

Tami, thanks for the compliments, however Im not quitting my day job just yet. haha

Dawna sent me some photos Im about to post.

G

·
The Judge was wonderful with owner/handlers. She was very patient. I was a challenge for her also. I walked out of the ring and didn't even realize Thief had won :eek:

No, don't quit your day job Melissa...we need you to keep taking pictures...but I do want to see you at Westminster someday!!

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
Melissa, I had to laugh when reading your account of the show. I hate those frazzled moments, but it looks like it paid off anyway. Who was the judge?

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mr Charles C Scott was the judge the first day. He seemed very nice.
The next three I just thought were superb. They were so patient and gentle with the dogs.
Ms Terri Lyddon I liked her a lot, she gave Stogie his first BOB ever!

Mrs Doris Cozart ( The very patient judge who should have kicked me out of the ring for forgetting dogs. She also kept getting onto me for leaving the ring too early, before getting ribbons)

Mrs Lois Wolff White - a great judge also!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thief & Blaze

We were thrilled with Thief - he did go BOW & BOS and got 5 points. I just comfirmed it on AKC. Melissa and Tami - you ROCK! And Thief says Thanks. Sorry I couldn't find him a ride to Nationals. We will probably try to make Tulsa and the icky Austin show! I am still waiting for the Dallas win picture.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts