Havanese Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I always get such great advice here, I thought I'd check in with the group before ordering this for the gang. It look like a great solution to those dirty paws instead of having to dip them in the sink all the time. Has anyone ever bought one of these. I'm seriously thinking of getting it.

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/product/paw-plunger.do

Oops, just saw the recommended weight for the dogs. Might not work after all.

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Pablo&Chuy's momma
4,286 Posts
Geri, I saw some super-absorbent microfiber stuff for dogs in the pet section at Bed, Bath&Beyond and I think a decent sized towel was only $13 or so. You can also use those for after bath drying.

·
Registered
324 Posts
We use a rubbermaid plastic container (those rectangular ones with the flat bottoms), fill partway with lukewarm water, dip each dog's paw in and wipe off with a Sham Wow (silly name for a towel!). Works fine and costs virtually nothing except for the plastic container and towel.

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! Much cheaper alternatives. I'll go that route.

·
Registered
422 Posts
We have a stainless steel bowl that "lives" under the sink, very close to the back door. We fill it with about 2" of warm water, dip paws, scrub between toes, and dry with a small towel (that also "lives" under the sink). We have 2 towels that rotate - one is usually in the wash while the other is usually under the sink. The dogs aren't fond of their peticures, but they know what to expect and are tolerant.

·
Benji and Lizzie's Mom
4,086 Posts
Geri, here are my tools to clean paws:

Small bowl of water (if too muddy)
baby wipes,
Waterless Foam bath
Shamwow (Bed, Bath and Beyond) to dry them.

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope I can get the guys comfortable with this without spilling the water all over and making more of a mess. My ultimate goal, less work for me. :)

·
Benji and Lizzie's Mom
4,086 Posts
Geri, I just put a big towel under the container of water. My guys have always been used to getting their paws wiped after every walk, pee and potty break. It's quite funny, Benji hates his muddy paws and refuses to come inside until I pick him and wipe his paws. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts