Havanese Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Since this is about short cuts I thought I'd post Perry's latest. I did go really short this time - in part because I wanted his legs short (because I still have to shave 2 parts of the one leg to do the exogen treatments - so shorter overall makes that less obvious)...
Before...
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Water dog

and after
Dog Road surface Asphalt Carnivore Collar

Dog Liver Carnivore Companion dog Fawn

His beard is a little shorter than I would normally go (and shorter than our groomer usually does it) but I think it's ok with how short he is otherwise.

At this length you can see more of his silivering (though other than his back end and chin it is more a faded black than strong white throughout) - though in pictures it looks more like crushed velvet that has been brushed in opposite directions :)

·
Metrowest, MA
31,475 Posts
aww! He looks adorable!

Reactions: Melissa Brill

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I think he looks super handsome in his cute short haircut!!!
I do like him short - it's easier on both of us and I think he looks cute too :) I do tend to like the beard a little rounder and the legs a bit more column, but right now this is better for the weather, the leg treatment, etc.

AND now that it's so short I am making a very conscious effort to work more on him and the comb on that leg - before we need it. I don't want another appointment where that leg is matted!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Adorable!
I have a question though. In the first picture, his coat looks like a chocolate coloring but in the last two it looks black. Is it just the lighting, or did his coat change?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Adorable!
I have a question though. In the first picture, his coat looks like a chocolate coloring but in the last two it looks black. Is it just the lighting, or did his coat change?
Part of it is the lighting but part of it is being a silver. Sometimes black havs with the silver gene will look a bit reddish - so the lighting catches some of the reddish.

This picture is a good example - even though his body is short, you can see from this angle the light catching on a couple of reddish places on his face.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Grass

I also love when he's short though because the silver really comes out at this length.

·
Metrowest, MA
31,475 Posts
Part of it is the lighting but part of it is being a silver. Sometimes black havs with the silver gene will look a bit reddish - so the lighting catches some of the reddish.

This picture is a good example - even though his body is short, you can see from this angle the light catching on a couple of reddish places on his face.
View attachment 178454

I also love when he's short though because the silver really comes out at this length.
I think the startling thing about that first photo, which makes me think it MUST be a trick of the light, is that his NOSE looks chocolate. And it’s the only photo I’ve EVER seen of him where his nose wasn’t black. I really did a double-take and thought it was a different dog!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts