Havanese Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Perry is obsessed with that silly (now tiny) hedgehog. I can't hide it - he can smell where it is. The last few days before he was put back on restriction he had been very persistent in demanding it -- even though he does NOT get things when he does this. The night before this video he went on for almost 20 minutes, grumbling for it. This time he stopped a few minutes after I finished the video :).

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
His quiet grumble while he’s sitting, like “Look, how nicely I’m waiting,” while not quite waiting nicely, is so funny! Sundance does that quiet grumble when he’s barking at the window and I tell him to “shh,” and put him on the floor, and he wants back up on the sofa. It’s like half compliance, haha. I love his resourcefulness to try different things, to get it himself and find another way to get your attention. Of course, I love it because I didn’t have to try and ignore it for 20 minutes!

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
So Perry is obsessed with that silly (now tiny) hedgehog. I can't hide it - he can smell where it is. The last few days before he was put back on restriction he had been very persistent in demanding it -- even though he does NOT get things when he does this. The night before this video he went on for almost 20 minutes, grumbling for it. This time he stopped a few minutes after I finished the video :).

LOL! I love his grumbling! We call this "talking". I think it's very interesting how much he uses his "bad" leg when his mind is on his hedgehog! Good therapy! LOL!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL! I love his grumbling! We call this "talking". I think it's very interesting how much he uses his "bad" leg when his mind is on his hedgehog! Good therapy! LOL!
That's one of the reasons his PT vet said to play with his ball as one of his PT homework exercises - because when he's playing or thinking about something else he uses it just fine. :)

His grumbling does crack me up - I usually refer to it as "talking back" (as in "stop talking back to me!") :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts