Havanese Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in November, I shot this video of Shama's cousin Trixie the Shorkie (Shih Tzu and Yorkie mix) wearing her Walkee Paws Leggings. When I first saw her wearing them, I couldn't believe how she was running with abandon like she hadn't a care in the world and certainly wasn't concerned about these things on her legs. I don't plan to get any for Shama, because we don't go out in the mud or on salty streets much, plus I'm sure they'd make her mat. I thought some of you might be interested though.

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
I can see how these might be helpful when hiking during the fall after the vegetation has turned brown and there are lots! of sticky things that catch in the hair. Not a bad idea.

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts
I just saw these on a new episode of Shark Tank that was on a few days ago. She said they were on Amazon for around $29 or so. Can't really remember exactly. They certainly aren't priced that low now and Amazon only has large.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Aww that’s what Sundance looked like last night! DH has just passed 30 days in a row of outdoor exercise. He just started taking Sundance a couple of weeks ago and now Sundance expects it. His feet are getting so dirty! We might need to do more baths.

Don't you go longer between grooms? How do you manage the hair on her legs? I have always been able to get by with brushing through it after walks and using a wet cloth on his legs sometimes but this year it seems like his legs are dirtier than they’ve ever been! But I don’t know if Sundance will go for something on his feet. I guess I can try!

·
Premium Member
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aww that’s what Sundance looked like last night! DH has just passed 30 days in a row of outdoor exercise. He just started taking Sundance a couple of weeks ago and now Sundance expects it. His feet are getting so dirty! We might need to do more baths.

Don't you go longer between grooms? How do you manage the hair on her legs? I have always been able to get by with brushing through it after walks and using a wet cloth on his legs sometimes but this year it seems like his legs are dirtier than they’ve ever been! But I don’t know if Sundance will go for something on his feet. I guess I can try!
Lately we've been going four weeks between visits to the groomers (without baths in between unless there's an incident, like the horse manure!) She's getting groomed on Friday, so I'm planning to let her get really dirty between now and then! 🤠

I'm not planning to get Walkee Paws for Shama.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just to throw my 2 cents in the hat...

3 lost doggies have shown up in my yard in the 16 yrs we’ve owned our home.

2 had tags and I returned them to their owners - there was a bitterly cold spell for one poor large 8 mo old lad who had been lost in the frigid temps for a whole day 😢, I brought him in my cellar when I spotted him in the yard and kept him there, separate from my dog, til the owner came.

And the 3rd doggy (which was actually the first one), well that one had no tags and was not in the best shape. After no success in finding an owner, a few weeks later, she became our little Daisy, who lived with us until she passed last May!

She did also wear a collar with a tag BUT this thread has given me some great tips and things to consider that I hadn’t necessarily thought of before so thank you all so much for sharing!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Back in November, I shot this video of Shama's cousin Trixie the Shorkie (Shih Tzu and Yorkie mix) wearing her Walkee Paws Leggings. When I first saw her wearing them, I couldn't believe how she was running with abandon like she hadn't a care in the world and certainly wasn't concerned about these things on her legs. I don't plan to get any for Shama, because we don't go out in the mud or on salty streets much, plus I'm sure they'd make her mat. I thought some of you might be interested though.
I saw this episode too! For sure one of those, ‘why didn’t I think of that!’ I love how FANCY they make the dogs look. Like they are all doggy ballerinas! 🩰

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
I’m actually starting to think some of it is staining and his legs aren’t really as dirty as they seem. I’m going to experiment with the products I have and see if any of them create a better barrier to prevent road dirt staining!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts