Havanese Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Casper and Missy
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does you Havanese dog watch t.v? My husband and I get the biggest kick out of watching our dog when he watchs t.v. Or course his favorite program is the Dog Whisper, but he likes cartons, and shows with kids in it. He will bark and growl.

I thought I would ask because our last two dogs; a pom mix - we had for 15 years, really smart dog, and a Lab -we had for 9 yrs. did not watch t.v, not like this, anyway.

I thought it would be fun to get some feed back on dogs watching t.v and maybe what is your dogs favorite show?

We do have a big screen tv- maybe that is why he watches? But we had it with the Lab too and he didn't watch the t.v .:)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Kodi watched Westminster on TV both nights. It was so funny. When he saw a dog he liked, he would whine and cry. Sometimes he would bark at them. But he just would watch the whole show. He also watches Dog Whisperer.

·
Samson & Delilah's Mom
2,683 Posts
While I was watching Westminster on TV. Sam was chewing his toy. When the Greater Swiss Mountain Dog came on Sam started growling and ran to the TV. Barked at the screen. Then went back to his toy. That was his one and only reaction to the TV.

·
Katie
2,217 Posts
Yes, any show with a dog on it, my Stella will go and sit right in front of tv. If she doesn't like what the dog is doing, she will give it an earful! LOL~
She is the only one of my crew that even pays attention to the tv.

·
Amanda
9,576 Posts
Dora loves watching tv while Belle never does. Dora's favorite includes dogs where she will whine or bark. The commercials that she absolutely went nuts over is the california cows. She sees a cow on tv and she goes crazy, she had a similar reaction to dinosaurs. She also likes cartoons. It is funny how absorbed she will get with the tv.

Amanda

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Goldie does too! I used to think she would just hear the dog, she would run up to the TV tryin to get it at it, just barking away.
Sometimes the volume is down so I know she can see them. Its soooo funny.

And the commercials where the doorbell rings, I hate those!
hehe

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
Jasper doesn't do much now- but as a puppy - we brought home a movie just for him-- "8 below" very sweet film about Alaskan sled dogs. early on in the film they start barking-- and jasper watched and wuufed a little unsure--- but when the music swelled and camera angle changed and the dogs looked like the were coming at us-- he his under the coffee table....

Later he took an interest in the runner up on american idol (katheryn macfee maybe) everytime she would come on and sing- he woudl sit staring at the tv mesmerrized-- next person-- back to the bone- she came back- mesmerized.

thanks for starting this thread Lynn.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Melissa, I know what you mean about those dang doorbells! Kodi starts barking first, and then "Shortstuff " (as we call Shelby) chimes in. They jump on the couch to look out the window, and then run to the front door, and back again. Then they realize it was the TV, because they stand in the middle of the room like "fooled again".

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
Quincy is not interested in tv at all...but Vinnie is on occasion.He watched a few dogs the last night of Westminster.He just sat there quietly tilting his head from side to side.It was really cute.

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Ricky reacts to sounds of animals, not really looking at them. When he hears dogs barking, especially, he'll start gruffing and then full-blown barking. Too funny! lol Some sounds will get him gruffing under his breath, others not.

I haven't noticed him watching though. He is in the room with us, while the t.v. is on, but he does his own thing - for now.

marj

1 - 10 of 10 Posts