Havanese Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
Mando definitely thinks it鈥檚 a hoot to flip the water bowl, have it splash all over the place then run through it. He also realizes that it means one of us will come over and clean it up. 馃槀
Lmao! And if he's anything like his half-sis, you having to clean up is fun for him too because chasing the paper towel as it wipes the ground is apparently the greatest game ever 馃槄

Metrowest, MA
Lmao! And if he's anything like his half-sis, you having to clean up is fun for him too because chasing the paper towel as it wipes the ground is apparently the greatest game ever 馃槄
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Registered
Oh my goodness! What a story! At least she cried to let you know she was there! Each time one of ours has 鈥済one missing鈥 (inadvertently locked in a closet somewhere in the house) they have been completely silent while they waited for us to find them. I can just imagine them sitting their wagging their tails thinking, 鈥淚鈥檓 being such a GOOD DOG waiting for them to come get me!鈥 馃ぃ 馃ぃ 馃ぃ
I've rarely "lost" Perry that way - mostly I end up looking behind me for him only to find that he's already up ahead, etc. Last night, for example, I was at the bottom of the stairs to go up and yelled for him (thinking he was in the living room stealing Finley's toys) only to find out that he was already at the top of the stairs waiting for me.

I did lock "uncle" Duncan in the store room though when he followed me in there and I didn't realize... unusually for him he did stay very quiet (of course, he had to "yell" at me one I found him and let him out!)

Registered
Lol all these poor abandoned doggies馃ぃ

Flo has found herself left behind in our wardrobe (closet), and bathroom a couple of times and likewise she never barks to tell you! I am sure they do this just to make us feel extra bad!!馃き

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Oh yes! Mando loves the paper towels and cloth towels (for really big messes) that we use for clean up. It鈥檚 like a bonus for him. 馃檮馃槅

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
The lixit water bottle came yesterday and Mando figured it out on his own pretty quickly. He drinks a lot of water though so I still worry that he鈥檚 not getting enough water. The bowl just arrived tonight so we鈥檒l give it a try tomorrow.

Registered
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
The floating bowl is a big hit with Mando! However, he鈥檚 managed to pull off the skinny 鈥渇rame鈥 piece twice now to chew on it. I鈥檓 not sure how he鈥檚 able to do that since I can hear the piece clicked into place.

I think we鈥檒l keep both the bowl (which has chew marks on it now) and bottle since we have multiple ex-pens. The bowl will go in the ex-pen in the family room since we spend the most time there.

Metrowest, MA
The lixit water bottle came yesterday and Mando figured it out on his own pretty quickly. He drinks a lot of water though so I still worry that he鈥檚 not getting enough water. The bowl just arrived tonight so we鈥檒l give it a try tomorrow.
I am ALMOST positive that Pam and Tom still use bottles for their puppies. So I am sure he has only been away from one since being with you! You can check with Pam to make aure!

Reactions: Mando's Mommy

Metrowest, MA
The floating bowl is a big hit with Mando! However, he鈥檚 managed to pull off the skinny 鈥渇rame鈥 piece twice now to chew on it. I鈥檓 not sure how he鈥檚 able to do that since I can hear the piece clicked into place.

I think we鈥檒l keep both the bowl (which has chew marks on it now) and bottle since we have multiple ex-pens. The bowl will go in the ex-pen in the family room since we spend the most time there.
For now, I鈥檇 try the water bowl without the click-on rim. I SUSPECT he won鈥檛 be able to pull the floating part out, and he鈥檚 not heavy enough to sink it. (Which I think is why it is there, for larger breed puppies). But I would not leave him unsupervised with anything but a bottle for a LONG time. He is still small enough to get in trouble and drown himself!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts