Havanese Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starborn Willy the Wonder Wolfling weighed in at 9.2 lbs at just shy of 18 weeks. Now 5 months old (yesterday) , we are anxious to see his weght when he goes for his rabies shot on Friday. I asked Pam King if we are going to have a 35 lb Havanese. “Not unless you overfeed him…”

Willy was the very bold puppy from the Ellie/Redman litter that was so bold in Tom King’s youtube video of the pups first encounter with a plastic water bottle. He is incredibly smart with objects but very hesitant with people.

We have the puzzle with little doors that open and slide. I loaded it with kibble and treats and put it in the expen. When I went to dispose of the box, I notice directions on how to show your pup how to find the treats. I looked over at Willy and he had already emptied every door! We gave him a snuffle mat- he didnt dig/search but turned the whole thing upside down and got all of the treats. He has figured out that the latches control the expen door and spent a couple of days pawing and mouthing them tobtry to get them open. VERY smart!

Willy has a beautiful glossy black coat that doesnt mat (yet?). Because he is so resistent to brushing, he will get a haircut next week. We try to pick our battles. Currentlly, the battles are barking and incessant mouthing. He chews 95% of the time he is awake. MOST of the time it isnt one of his parents-I make sure I have a kong or nylabone for distraction whenever he is on my lap.

But all said Willy is wonderful if a handful. Thank you Tom and Pam!

· Registered
147 Posts
Starborn Willy the Wonder Wolfling weighed in at 9.2 lbs at just shy of 18 weeks. Now 5 months old (yesterday) , we are anxious to see his weght when he goes for his rabies shot on Friday. I asked Pam King if we are going to have a 35 lb Havanese. “Not unless you overfeed him…”

Willy was the very bold puppy from the Ellie/Redman litter that was so bold in Tom King’s youtube video of the pups first encounter with a plastic water bottle. He is incredibly smart with objects but very hesitant with people.

We have the puzzle with little doors that open and slide. I loaded it with kibble and treats and put it in the expen. When I went to dispose of the box, I notice directions on how to show your pup how to find the treats. I looked over at Willy and he had already emptied every door! We gave him a snuffle mat- he didnt dig/search but turned the whole thing upside down and got all of the treats. He has figured out that the latches control the expen door and spent a couple of days pawing and mouthing them tobtry to get them open. VERY smart!

Willy has a beautiful glossy black coat that doesnt mat (yet?). Because he is so resistent to brushing, he will get a haircut next week. We try to pick our battles. Currentlly, the battles are barking and incessant mouthing. He chews 95% of the time he is awake. MOST of the time it isnt one of his parents-I make sure I have a kong or nylabone for distraction whenever he is on my lap.

Wow, 9.2 pounds at 18 weeks, can’t wait to see what he weighs after his vet visit. Any recent pics you can share?

· Registered
44 Posts

He sounds like an angel! Love to see a pic.
Btw, I have a 22 pounder😉

· Metrowest, MA
32,695 Posts
I don’t think he is going to be enormous. My guess would be 14-15 lbs, tops.

Reactions: skubler
1 - 7 of 7 Posts