Select Bitch
18 CH Marcosa's Essential Travel
Award of Merit
19 GCH CH Meadowview N Angelhearts Adorabull Field Of Dreams *
Award of Merit
21 GCHP CH Angelheart N Adorabull's Moose On The Loose *
Award of Merit
35G CHB CH Shatara's Leaving You Spellbound

The three dogs that I have put a star beside are local New England dogs, and are all Owner Handled. GCH CH Meadowview N Angelhearts Adorabull Field Of Dream Is JUNIOR Owner Handled! So when people tell you that it's impossible to show a Havanese without a professional... Don't believe it. You have to have a nice dog, and you have to put in the work and learn how to do it. But it can be done. And even at a BIG "Pro show" like Westminster, an owner handler who shows their dog well can be in the top.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Show dog names always make me smile… especially w some of the breeder names with Havanese particularly. It’s hard to be unique— I’ll always remember that when we sent in the AKC registration for our standard poodle when I was a kid, we registered him as Dukes of Hazard (my brothers’ favorite show… they were not thrilled with the idea of a poodle so they got to name him the mostly manly thing they could think of) with no breeder name, and he came back as “Dukes of Hazard IV.” Guess we weren’t so original 😂

@krandall since you follow this closely I’m wondering—- are these results fairly expected, or any surprises? I think I recall that when Bono won, he was the #1 Havanese in the country going in, so always curious about how much of a surprise the breed wins are.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don’t know what magic sorcery happened behind the scenes but I finally can get into my account again!

I rather enjoyed watching it live again this year. I appreciated hearing the judge saying things like , paraphrasing here… “ I”m keeping them in the shade… it’s about the dogs… I don’t care if “they” (camerapeople?) don’t like it… it’s about the DOgS and it’s hot” (y) it was mid day, I can’t imagine standing in that sun either! I was impressed by how CLOSE the dogs had to stand to observers and passer-byes while waiting their turn and coping with that.:) Loved seeing the Jr Owner Handler as well🥰

·
Metrowest, MA
31,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Show dog names always make me smile… especially w some of the breeder names with Havanese particularly. It’s hard to be unique— I’ll always remember that when we sent in the AKC registration for our standard poodle when I was a kid, we registered him as Dukes of Hazard (my brothers’ favorite show… they were not thrilled with the idea of a poodle so they got to name him the mostly manly thing they could think of) with no breeder name, and he came back as “Dukes of Hazard IV.” Guess we weren’t so original 😂

@krandall since you follow this closely I’m wondering—- are these results fairly expected, or any surprises? I think I recall that when Bono won, he was the #1 Havanese in the country going in, so always curious about how much of a surprise the breed wins are.
Clark is the #1 Havanese in the country, and has been campaigned and advertised heavily. Pro-handled. No surprise there.

The select dog is also pro-handled, another Steeler son, heavily campaigned.

Hanah Koslow's little bitch is very young, and has not been showing long. She is VERY lovely, but I bet Hannah was thrilled with that big a win so early in her career.

And of our three NE dogs, all owner handled, Alice Lawrence is no stranger to Westminster with her Pulis, but this was a big win for her. And Karen Duprat, while a regular winner as an owner/handler, has to be thrilled that she had this win side by side with her Jr. handler grand daughter, on her bred-by dog.

Four of the winning dogs were Steeler offspring or offspring of offspring. Make of that what you will. (I get a bit nervous when I see ANY stud dog over-represented in our gene pool)

·
Metrowest, MA
31,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don’t know what magic sorcery happened behind the scenes but I finally can get into my account again!

I rather enjoyed watching it live again this year. I appreciated hearing the judge saying things like , paraphrasing here… “ I”m keeping them in the shade… it’s about the dogs… I don’t care if “they” (camerapeople?) don’t like it… it’s about the DOgS and it’s hot” (y) it was mid day, I can’t imagine standing in that sun either! I was impressed by how CLOSE the dogs had to stand to observers and passer-byes while waiting their turn and coping with that.:) Loved seeing the Jr Owner Handler as well🥰
It's not at all unusual that they have t stand that close to spectators. I did REALLY like this judge! He was great!

And Brielle is a pro in a Jr's body! She does a fantastic job. She has all the points she needs now, and will be showing in the Jr. classes at Westminster next year! (which is sort of the cherry on top of a Jr. Handler career)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts