Havanese Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

· Registered
2,472 Posts
skinneeez raccoon

My 1-yr-old has liked these floppy animals with no stuffing. They do have squeakers which she likes to squeak. She has some larger favorites too but these were the best when she was timy and she still favors them.
Yep, that raccoon was Perry's favorite too. Even as it got smaller and smaller (he'd rip it, I'd fix it, rip it more, fix it more, etc.) Even when it finally ended up being only the tail, it was still his favorite for the longest time. It was only after I finally threw the tail in the washing machine that he switched allegiance to something else.

Attachments

· Registered
3,616 Posts
Yep, that raccoon was Perry's favorite too. Even as it got smaller and smaller (he'd rip it, I'd fix it, rip it more, fix it more, etc.) Even when it finally ended up being only the tail, it was still his favorite for the longest time. It was only after I finally threw the tail in the washing machine that he switched allegiance to something else.
I have a little basket of toys I want to throw in the washing machine but I feel a little guilty because I think the attraction to some of them is that they are a little dirty and smell "good." It's been sitting in my laundry room for months! What's everyone's tolerance level with regard to washing toys?

· Zumba’s Mom
555 Posts
Last night while playing with Zumba, I realized I should have mentioned her love of the inexpensive frisbee sold at Pet Supermarket. Cost $1.99 and she and I have had more fun with that thing. Last night she started barking while I was trying to sew. I finally asked her what her problem was, and she ran to go get that toy. It was time for us to have a break and do some running! Great exercise for the two of us, it was fun, and afterwards I was able to get back to sewing with her by my feet, being quiet. I thought then I really needed to recommend that toy. What a great find that was!

· Dexter’s mom
141 Posts
Dexter is a very aggressive chewer and so it’s been tough finding him items to chew that he doesn’t destroy. Even the “no stuffing” plush animals he tears into bits. Had to start only getting him the black Kong’s as he started tearing the end off the red ones. He loves the Himalayan chews but will eat the whole thing in a day (and I get the medium size for him). He LOVES to play fetch but he needs some things he can play by himself with. So I’m always looking for Dexter proof toys😊. He’s 2 1/2 so not a puppy anymore...

· Metrowest, MA
32,306 Posts
Here is Kodi's favorite toy. He has no more stuffing. Kodi doesn't care. He still loves him! LOL!

Attachments

Reactions: ShamaMama

· Banned
3,972 Posts
Ricky's favorite toys are his Momi and Popi. He loves to be chased around the yard and house or a game of "fetchit." His second favorite toy is an empty one litre plastic water bottle (until he has smashed it flat and there is no crinkle left in it). His third favorite toy is his "teddy cow" which he has had since his birth and he sleeps with it every night. The thing is filthy and smells. We washed it once........BIG mistake! Ricky took it outside and drug it through the dirt and tried to potty on it. He let us know he was not happy with our meddling with his toys! :frown2:

Ricky's Popi

· Registered
2 Posts
In fact, you need to be more careful with toys. Rope toys can be extremely dangerous for dogs. The rope consists of several strands of fabric woven together. Once these strands are torn and swallowed by your dog, they can damage your dog's digestive tract and intestines, causing great harm to her. Therefore, try to be attentive to the choice of toys for your dog. Especially if you are thinking about purchasing Dog Rope Toys. It can be a wonderful toy if you are careful.

· Registered
2,472 Posts
Aren't these toys dangerous?
There were so many different ones mentioned, so not sure which ones you're referring to - but in general, any toy (or anything in your house for that matter) can be dangerous which is why it's important to supervise them closely with toys - especially until you know how they are with toys.

· Registered
4,430 Posts
RIP to Molly’s favorite toy, the squirrel. He is six years old, has never been washed, and has been sewed back together many times. It has gotten to the point where she can immediately break him open to get the stuffing out, so it is time for him to go.
Since this older thread reappeared I thought I would update. I couldn’t bring myself to throw away the squirrel! I removed all of the stuffing instead. Mr. Squirrel is still with us and is now over eight years old. He is threadbare but is still Molly’s favorite.
Comfort Companion dog Couch Wood Human leg

· Registered
156 Posts
I have a little basket of toys I want to throw in the washing machine but I feel a little guilty because I think the attraction to some of them is that they are a little dirty and smell "good." It's been sitting in my laundry room for months! What's everyone's tolerance level with regard to washing toys?
Meet ‘Mouse’ and ‘Rabbit’ …these are Toffee’s 2 favourites. They bounce like balls, squeak and have chewy ears and tough ribbon legs. He like to grab them by a ribbon and shake them about and then fling them away and chase after them. The rabbit is a bit grubby but the last time I washed them, rabbit ‘lost’ his squeak and acquired a ‘squelch’, so he had to spend a week in the airing cupboard drying out 😂
Vertebrate Black Mammal Creative arts Fawn

· Registered
957 Posts
Shadow rarely touches any of his 50 + toys BUT everyday he chews on a baby teething toy that his breeder brought with him. It is over 5 years now. When he first arrived, he chewed on that thing constantly so I went all over to find the same. I found the same brand, different colors and different animals. He has now ignored them for over 4 years.
But everyday, it is the blue rocking horse!
The breeder also gave 4 other toys that she said he loved. He has never touched any of them.

· Metrowest, MA
32,306 Posts
Meet ‘Mouse’ and ‘Rabbit’ …these are Toffee’s 2 favourites. They bounce like balls, squeak and have chewy ears and tough ribbon legs. He like to grab them by a ribbon and shake them about and then fling them away and chase after them. The rabbit is a bit grubby but the last time I washed them, rabbit ‘lost’ his squeak and acquired a ‘squelch’, so he had to spend a week in the airing cupboard drying out 😂 View attachment 178032
Oh, those look like good ones! Brand?

· Metrowest, MA
32,306 Posts
Shadow rarely touches any of his 50 + toys BUT everyday he chews on a baby teething toy that his breeder brought with him. It is over 5 years now. When he first arrived, he chewed on that thing constantly so I went all over to find the same. I found the same brand, different colors and different animals. He has now ignored them for over 4 years.
But everyday, it is the blue rocking horse!
The breeder also gave 4 other toys that she said he loved. He has never touched any of them.
Isn't it funny how they ADORE the toys from the breeder?!?! My three that come from someone else all ADORE the stuffs they came home with. The only one who has no "extra" interest in his "litter toy" is Ducky, who was born here. I suppose his has no special significance to him, since it's not any different from any of his other toys!

· Metrowest, MA
32,306 Posts

· Registered
1,041 Posts
Isn't it funny how they ADORE the toys from the breeder?!?! My three that come from someone else all ADORE the stuffs they came home with. The only one who has no "extra" interest in his "litter toy" is Ducky, who was born here. I suppose his has no special significance to him, since it's not any different from any of his other toys!
Mine both love their breeder toys too! Though we’re careful with Charlie’s ‘elemouse’ (one side is an elephant, the other is a mouse) right now because he’s pretty fragile. While Jo is not particularly destructive, she does like to work things that are wearing so don’t want to take the chance!

Chsrlie loves all stuffed toys, and Jo loves pretty much everything… her favorite toy when she was tiny was a padded Amazon mailer. She LOVED that thing and wasn’t strong enough to actually shred it at that stage. Our friends were very confused about why she got so excited when the Amazon delivery person came to their house- same packaging! Now I give her the occasional cardboard box, and take it away before she goes past shredding and starts eating!

· Premium Member
4,591 Posts
Willow came with a toy too. I don't know if it was originally from her breeder as I got her from her prior owner. It's one of her favorite toys though. It's a blue monkey. Her absolute favorite is actually a ratty looking ape type of thing that belonged to my prior corgi. That toy was also the favorite of my corgi.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts