Havanese Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is her Uncle, and what I expect her to look like as an adult, or very similar. He is registered as a red sable.

·
Metrowest, MA
28,498 Posts
Sable. Just a very dark sable! :) Pretty! :)

Reactions: Melissa Brill

·
Metrowest, MA
28,498 Posts
I guess I should have been more specific LOL I know it's sable. but i don't know if it's fawn, red, gold....
A lot old that is in the eye of the beholder, and AKC doesn't give you a lot of choices on the registration form. I would probably not have registered the uncle as a red sable, but who knows what he looked like as a little puppy when he was BEING registered? If I had to register this puppy right now, I'd probably guess gold sable. But without genetic testing you are totally guessing and WITH genetic testing... right now, you are still MOSTLY guessing on this sort of variation.

This dog is a gold sable:

And so is this one.

But but the second one is older, and a type that has lost almost all the black. They don't all. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: GoWithTheFlo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A lot old that is in the eye of the beholder, and AKC doesn't give you a lot of choices on the registration form. I would probably not have registered the uncle as a red sable, but who knows what he looked like as a little puppy when he was BEING registered? If I had to register this puppy right now, I'd probably guess gold sable. But without genetic testing you are totally guessing and WITH genetic testing... right now, you are still MOSTLY guessing on this sort of variation.

This dog is a gold sable:
View attachment 175110

And so is this one.
View attachment 175111

But but the second one is older, and a type that has lost almost all the black. They don't all. 🤷‍♀️

Thank you. 🙂 Yes, when I got Lincoln, the uncle, I was told red sable by the breeder. And he looked red, with lots of dark sable. He was much darker than the puppy, but the red all faded and is gone. It's amazing how they change so much from puppy to adult.

·
Metrowest, MA
28,498 Posts
They are both really pretty colors!

Reactions: Nicole.Tracy
1 - 8 of 8 Posts