Havanese Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My breeder feeds BilJac(sp?),anyone ever hear of it?Do you feed dry or can or mix them together?
THanks!

·
Amanda
9,576 Posts
I feed solid gold wee bits. I go back and forth about twice a year from that and wellness super 5-lamb. I do supplement about every other day with egg, veggies, chicken, etc depending what I have. I don't use can food and my vet says my dog's teeth show that.

Amanda

·
Cooper,Emma,Lily,Winston
2,018 Posts
I've just switched from Nutro Ultra to Wellness Super 5-lamb. I also supplement with fresh veggies when making salads for dinner. They go crazy when they hear the cutting board coming out! They liked the Nutro okay, but they love that Wellness.
Beverly

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Kodi and Shelby eat Little Cesar (yuk). They love it and I have tried everything. I mix it with other things to make it better and just started using Missing Link supplement. Also use Nutracoat.

They eat Royal Canin kibble, but when I compared them with other foods, it isn't the best. So I just got Blue Buffalo that rated pretty good. We'll see what happens. I am mixing it with the Royal Canin and adding it to the LC.

This weekend I am going to experiment with making my own food for them.

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
Since we got #2, Sammy, on Sunday, I am feeding them both a mix of Innova Puppy kibble (almost all gone now), some Natural Balance and some Fromm's. My goal is to get them both on Fromm's alone. I add some cooked chicken once in a while and give them bits of our meat from time to time.

·
Samson & Delilah's Mom
2,683 Posts
I feed Sam Royal Canin Shih tzu. It didn't score very well, but I'm not sure if I'll switch to something else. He loves it and he does have a great coat. I have to research what is available close by.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Kodi used to love Puppy Plate and now he will not have it. Shelby never liked it. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I do not know if you have seen the news lately about pet food fiasco and problem but now they are going back to the idea that it was not a rat poison but it is in the wheat gluten .. This was the original theory and now they are back to it again .. I know a lot of cat food is being recalled ..
Now they are starting to recall kibble as well ..

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
The new theory is that it was melamine, which is some sort of plastic. Remember when plastic dishes first came out - they were called Melamine (I'm dating myself).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts