Havanese Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
My puppy lili growls when she's playing for water. She sounds terrifying and I know that it's water time. Not that she doesn't have access to it 24/7 but when she is playing she forgets where it is. Also going to the bathroom makes her angry. .she will run around at a hundred miles an hour growling at the air until she eventually utilizes the potty. Its kind of funny.

And don't get me started on the tail. I'm not sure if this is just a havanese thing but my aunts chihuahuas do not chase their tail. Mine makes herself dizzy chasing her tail so much and fast

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Willow only seems to poop when she is going in a southerly direction. We live on a graveled, dead end road and we are at the very end. The road runs north to south and we are on the southern end of the road so when we go for a walk down the road we start out by going north. Well, we get half way down the road (going north) and if Willow has to go #2, she turns around and heads south until she finds "her spot", does her business and then turns back around to go north. Also, when she goes #2, she will spin in a clockwise direction 2 to 4 times in a circle. I just find this a little bit odd!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Willow only seems to poop when she is going in a southerly direction. We live on a graveled, dead end road and we are at the very end. The road runs north to south and we are on the southern end of the road so when we go for a walk down the road we start out by going north. Well, we get half way down the road (going north) and if Willow has to go #2, she turns around and heads south until she finds "her spot", does her business and then turns back around to go north. Also, when she goes #2, she will spin in a clockwise direction 2 to 4 times in a circle. I just find this a little bit odd!
well, there have been studies done that show that foxes are more successful catching prey in one direction (I can’t remember which one) maybe Willow just needs to align with her inner compass to poop! LOL!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Reactions: Melissa Brill

·
Arf! Arf!
3,218 Posts
she turns around and heads south until she finds "her spot", does her business and then turns back around to go north.
I don't think WILLOW is weird. Every human in our casa has to find the "right spot", turn 180 deg., and then face west before doing their business. Seems completely normal to me. 🤭

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
I don't think WILLOW is weird. Every human in our casa has to find the "right spot", turn 180 deg., and then face west before doing their business. Seems completely normal to me. 🤭
Um, I take it that if they didn’t, they wouldn’t be on the potty? LOL? Joking aside, though, don’t we all have our “favorite” stall if we use the same public rest room on a regular basis? :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Um, I take it that if they didn’t, they wouldn’t be on the potty? LOL? Joking aside, though, don’t we all have our “favorite” stall if we use the same public rest room on a regular basis? :ROFLMAO:
Do you know how long it's been since I've used a public restroom?! But yes, you are correct - I do have a favorite stall! 😁

·
Arf! Arf!
3,218 Posts
don’t we all have our “favorite” stall if we use the same public rest room on a regular basis? :ROFLMAO:
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER use a public restroom in Mexico unless it is at a high end hotel, they will be immaculate. Even the restrooms at Costco in Mexico can be "iffy."

Reactions: krandall

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Do you know how long it's been since I've used a public restroom?! But yes, you are correct - I do have a favorite stall! 😁
Yeah, I know... I had to go into Walmart today to get condensed goats milk to make puppy formula... realized it has been well over a year since I’ve been in there... and it was SAFE for me to be there!!!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER use a public restroom in Mexico unless it is at a high end hotel, they will be immaculate. Even the restrooms at Costco in Mexico can be "iffy."
I was thinking more of if we worked in an office building... I can’t imaging using the rest room in ANY Costco often enough to develop a favorite stall! :ROFLMAO:

·
Arf! Arf!
3,218 Posts
I can’t imaging using the rest room in ANY Costco often enough to develop a favorite stall! :ROFLMAO:
You must not graze on the Costco samples all afternoon like I do! I get to know all the demonstrators on a first name basis. They get to know me by my first name too......"YOU AGAIN!!!!!"🤬

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
You must not graze on the Costco samples all afternoon like I do! I get to know all the demonstrators on a first name basis. They get to know me by my first name too......"YOU AGAIN!!!!!"🤬
Oh, Popi! WHAT are we going to DO with you?!?!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Latest Piper quirk: She's not a huge eater, so when she's done eating a portion of her meal I like to give her a "last call" before I pick it up. I know she's FOR REAL done if when I'm like "You sure? Because it's going away now" and walk towards her with the bowl she will dramatically jump backwards and spin as if I am approaching her with the nastiest morsel ever or will give the bowl a sniff then act as if it is disgusting (even though she was just eating the supposed "offensive" food lol) and jump back.

Once or twice during "last call" she sprinted away and another time approached her opened ex-pen door and stood there as if to say "not only am I done, but if you show me that food one more time I will put myself to bed."

This puppy is my adorable little weirdo 🤣

·
Arf! Arf!
3,218 Posts
Ricky outdid himself this afternoon. We put some Epi-Otic ear cleaner in his ears. We do this at least once a month and more often as needed. It is not his favorite thing to do because the medication drains into his throat and it must taste terrible. He cooperates and doesn't struggle because he knows I will give him a treat immediately after to wash the bad taste down. He loves the cookies from Petco. After I finished this afternoon, I told him we were going to get a cookie.

RICKY became very excited, running zoomies around the room. He then hurled himself onto the couch while turning a complete 360 horizontal turn in the air and landed gently on the couch. That's 15+ pounds hurtling through the air! 😲 He's never done that before. RICKY is very strong and acrobatic. How does he do that? Yes, he did get his cookie.

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Ricky outdid himself this afternoon. We put some Epi-Otic ear cleaner in his ears. We do this at least once a month and more often as needed. It is not his favorite thing to do because the medication drains into his throat and it must taste terrible. He cooperates and doesn't struggle because he knows I will give him a treat immediately after to wash the bad taste down. He loves the cookies from Petco. After I finished this afternoon, I told him we were going to get a cookie.

RICKY became very excited, running zoomies around the room. He then hurled himself onto the couch while turning a complete 360 horizontal turn in the air and landed gently on the couch. That's 15+ pounds hurtling through the air! 😲 He's never done that before. RICKY is very strong and acrobatic. How does he do that? Yes, he did get his cookie.
Kodi LOVES the cream filled cookies from Petco, that I am SURE have not one redeeming quality in terms of dog nutrition. The girls look at him like they don’t have a CLUE why he gets so excited about them. Reminds me. His birthday is coming up. We have his birthday present, but I have to stop by Petco and get him some special birthday cookies!!!

·
Arf! Arf!
3,218 Posts
Kodi LOVES the cream filled cookies from Petco, that I am SURE have not one redeeming quality in terms of dog nutrition. The girls look at him like they don’t have a CLUE why he gets so excited about them.
Yes, those are the ones, look like black and white Oreos. I don't even want to think what is in them so I use them sparingly and just a quarter cookie at a time. To those on the Forum who think they will try them, DON'T, there are much better, more nutritious options.

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Yes, those are the ones, look like black and white Oreos. I don't even want to think what is in them so I use them sparingly and just a quarter cookie at a time. To those on the Forum who think they will try them, DON'T, there are much better, more nutritious options.
Kodi sez... A QUARTER COOKIE?!?! POPI! YOU CHEAP!

He doesn’t get them very often, but when he does, he wants the whole enchilada!

Reactions: Ricky Ricardo
21 - 40 of 65 Posts