Havanese Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes, those are the ones, look like black and white Oreos. I don't even want to think what is in them so I use them sparingly and just a quarter cookie at a time. To those on the Forum who think they will try them, DON'T, there are much better, more nutritious options.
I meannnn, if they are the doggie version of Oreos, you can hardly blame doggies for going nuts over them. If I have those cookies in the house it’s all over (in the rare instances we get them, we get the ‘thins’ version). Have you ever dunked them in black coffee!?! Oh my good lawd!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
I meannnn, if they are the doggie version of Oreos, you can hardly blame doggies for going nuts over them. If I have those cookies in the house it’s all over (in the rare instances we get them, we get the ‘thins’ version). Have you ever dunked them in black coffee!?! Oh my good lawd!
LOL! The girls are very funny. Pixel won’t even take one from you.Panda will take it from you, giving you the side-eye, like it would be impolite to refuse it. Then she slowly backs away and puts it down like you had handed her a WORM!!! LOL!

·
Arf! Arf!
3,218 Posts
I think we just transitioned to Havanese owners funniest quirks!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
LOL! The girls are very funny. Pixel won’t even take one from you.Panda will take it from you, giving you the side-eye, like it would be impolite to refuse it. Then she slowly backs away and puts it down like you had handed her a WORM!!! LOL!
Perry eats just about anything (except leafy greens - he just doesn't see the point of those) and would have NO problem with any sort of cookie (yes please!!) However, his cousin Zadie (standard poodle) likes her zuke's treats but doesn't actually seem to like any (many?) veggies! She was over the other day and everyone was getting salad stuff (cucumber, tomato, carrots) and she spit every one of them out and just looked at them. Given how much the "boys" (Perry, cousin Finley and Uncle Duncan) LOOOOOOOOVE their veggies, it surprised me :).

Reading about the doggy Oreos has reminded me that if you deign to give Flo a treat she doesn’t like she will take it off you, drop it...and then wee on it just to make it clear it was not up to her standards🙄😝
Oh my, that's certainly makes the point, doesn't it :D

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Reading about the doggy Oreos has reminded me that if you deign to give Flo a treat she doesn’t like she will take it off you, drop it...and then wee on it just to make it clear it was not up to her standards🙄😝
LOL! Now THAT is a clear statement!!!

Reactions: Mando's Mommy

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts
Perry eats just about anything (except leafy greens - he just doesn't see the point of those) and would have NO problem with any sort of cookie (yes please!!) However, his cousin Zadie (standard poodle) likes her zuke's treats but doesn't actually seem to like any (many?) veggies! She was over the other day and everyone was getting salad stuff (cucumber, tomato, carrots) and she spit every one of them out and just looked at them. Given how much the "boys" (Perry, cousin Finley and Uncle Duncan) LOOOOOOOOVE their veggies, it surprised me :).
when my son and his family (and dogs) were living with us, neither of his dogs had ever been given veggies. coco, the little mutt, was curious, and quickly joined in. Which was a good thing for them, because they always struggle with her weight. This was a way to give her treats with out calories to speak of! The Treewalker thought the other 4 were out of their MINDS!!! He would have none of it. For a YEAR he hopefully followed the rest into the kitchen, only to turn away in disgust!

·
Arf! Arf!
3,218 Posts
Odd............that's exactly what Momi does when I cook. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
270 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
27,636 Posts

·
Member (Teresa)
716 Posts
We just spent the weekend in Seattle but no matter how many attempts I made I couldn't get a decent video. Jodie loves to attempt jumping under the covers all the way to the foot of the bed and in circles. She looked like a serpent! Ed and I had cramps from laughing so hard. She is a weirdo, but she's our happy little weirdo 😋

·
Arf! Arf!
3,218 Posts
When Izzie is playing with her squeaky toys, she will put her head in the air and start howling. We say she is singing. It's really funny like a wolf howling at the moon. If you tell her to sing baby, she will really get carried away and sing harder. 😂
I would like to teach that trick to RICKY! Love it. That is a crowd pleaser.

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
Sundance only likes peanut butter if he’s in the right mood. He’s also a bit moody about sandwich cookies. I like them because they aren’t smelly and I learned if I make a big deal about it he’ll happily take it. He does sometimes demurely accept a treat and then spits it out somewhere, I love it. Also I cut cookies into tiny pizzas, and I keep going until I can’t cut them anymore! Maybe that’s why he’s not as interested. There was one brand he did like a lot but I could never remember where I found it, and they were horrifically high in calories so I cut them up into a bajillion pieces and have done it with all cookies ever since.

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
Sundance’s most recent quirk is also food related and started recently. We have been loyally “supporting” Bark Box even though we do not need more toys or treats because i can’t bear the thought of breaking up with them and missing Sundance’s excitement when he sees the box. Their subscription model is genius, considering it’s hard enough to remember to cancel if you don’t care about disappointing a dog (that really wouldn’t be disappointed notice the difference). Anyway, the last box included a trachea. He’s never had one before, but he really sniffed it out and seemed curious so I gave it to him. Now he carries it around like a little treasure but he doesn’t chew it or even lick it. He just picks it up and holds it in his mouth sometimes. He’ll look for it at bedtime and take it up on the bed and just lay it next to it. Sometimes when he wants to play he’ll pick it up and hold it in his mouth and run in the hall to play. But then he realizes he has to put it down to pick up a toy and he’ll just stand there. Once DH took it away to invite him to play and set it on the dresser and Sundance just sat there and waited sadly next to the dresser. He’ll often find it and just show it to us, the same way he does with other things when he wants us to give him attention and tell him what a good boy he is. It’s one of the cutest things, the way he takes such good loving care of it, but it’s also really creepy because unlike a cute stuffed toy or something it’s very obviously a dead animal trachea.

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
When Izzie is playing with her squeaky toys, she will put her head in the air and start howling. We say she is singing. It's really funny like a wolf howling at the moon. If you tell her to sing baby, she will really get carried away and sing harder. 😂
I love this so much! Sundance has howled a few times but mostly he’s done it spontaneously and we haven’t been able to recreate it, even though we’ve tried. Twice he’s laid in the window and howled when I wasn’t home, but that was a sad howl not so much a fun one. DD got video once but it was dark and it’s really grainy.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts