Havanese Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Which quirks to list.. there are SO MANY…but we love them all. Well, except one - I’ll let you guys try to figure out which).

First. I think Keeper is a husky in disguise. For a Cuban breed, he loves to take ice cubes and chew on them outside in the snow. -25 C seems to be the point when he stops taking bully sticks outside to chew on the deck. Anything over 10C is too warm for him. I already had to flip the bed in his kennel over to the “cold side”. This summer will be interesting. Denver is more of a warm weather dog.

When their water dish is empty, they pick it up and throw it down the stairs. It’s a metal bowl and we have hardwood floors. They really want us to notice because it is LOUD!

Keeper hates James Earl Jones and will bark at the tv whenever he hears his voice… whether he’s on screen himself or in Lion King. He also howls with fire/police sirens.

Denver is finally over most of his “fun police” issues, but will still go after Keeper if he’s barking out the window - because he wants to do all the barking himself.

Speaking of Denver, he basically only lays on his back. But he doesn’t lay down and then roll over like most dogs. He takes a running start and pile drives himself onto the ground nose first. I don’t know how he doesn’t get rugburn from the area rug. And he still has personal space issues. If he’s laying down and you move to get up, etc he growls a warning in case you forgot about his presence.

Then there’s Keeper. As a puppy, he loved to lay under things and in tight places. now he either lays under the curtains that drape to the floor.. or he goes behind the couch so that he can squish himself under the couch to nap. But he’s too big to crawl under the front, so he will cry until we A) locate him and B) lift the couch up to let him out.

there are many more, but their quirks are a large part of why we love them. Keepers personality is huge, and his quirks are too. Lol.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Oh, one last one. EVERY SINGLE TIME as soon as we sit at the table, Keeper will ring the bell to go out. If we don’t push in the chair when we get up to let him out, by the time you’re opening the door he’s in the chair helping himself to our dinner. If we do push our chair in, he’ll happily go and lay in the deck as if that was his plan all along.

·
Arf! Arf!
3,218 Posts
Which quirks to list.. there are SO MANY…but we love them all. Well, except one - I’ll let you guys try to figure out which).
The one that would drive me nuts in particular would be throwing the empty water bowl down the stairs, Hardwood floor are expensive to repair. Don't ask me how I know.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Haha, our hardwood is in such bad shape that it needs to be sanded down and refinished at some point. :)

it’s the couch lifting that gets old. :)

61 - 65 of 65 Posts