Havanese Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
29,453 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
29,453 Posts
Yes. That closet (8x16) is now storage for all the dog stuff, or at least, as much of it as will fit in there. That closet was convenient to our bedroom, but now that my Mother has taken over that bedroom, the Puppy Room is close to where we stay.
Ah! OK. I hadn't thought that was probably where your mom is now but that makes perfect sense with the bathroom right there for her! We had the puppies in our spare bedroom, which is right around the corner from our bedroom, so similar.

Because it was my first litter (and also because Panda had the C-section AND was a first time mom and had the problems with milk production) I was REALLY glad that it WAS a bedroom, because I ended up sleeping right beside them for the first two weeks!

·
Metrowest, MA
29,453 Posts
We have a foam mattress for sleeping on the floor, right beside the whelping box, if there is a small one that we need to make sure doesn't get pushed off. Thankfully, we haven't had one of those in a long time.
Mine PROBABLY would have been fine over night, with me just getting up by the alarm clock to do the medications Panda needed... she was really an exemplary mom. But I was a nervous first time breeder!

Reactions: Melissa Brill
1 - 6 of 6 Posts