Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
27,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helping a dear friend whelp her litter... also assisted by Pam King (and the vet!) on the phone! It was more “exciting” than strictly good for our hearts, with two tangled puppies and one (temporarily) stuck, but with the advice of those good, experienced ladies, we got that big girl out of the way, and the others shot down the track in record time, to produce a litter of four beautiful sable pups... one girl and three boys! (And yes, don’t even ask, all already spoken for! ;)

·
Metrowest, MA
27,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That Momi dog looks exhausted but oh so happy and proud of her offspring. Congratulations to all!
She was pretty tired! It was a LONG labor with some pretty big pups for a little girlie! But she is a proud, happy momma now! ❤

·
Registered
11 Posts
Helping a dear friend whelp her litter... also assisted by Pam King (and the vet!) on the phone! It was more “exciting” than strictly good for our hearts, with two tangled puppies and one (temporarily) stuck, but with the advice of those good, experienced ladies, we got that big girl out of the way, and the others shot down the track in record time, to produce a litter of four beautiful sable pups... one girl and three boys! (And yes, don’t even ask, all already spoken for! ;) View attachment 174026
Gorgeous mommy and pups! Those babies look like whoppers! Do you have weights? As a breastfeeding educator, I admire mom and pups' nursing skills!
-ap

·
Metrowest, MA
27,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Metrowest, MA
27,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Beautiful puppies and mama. Busy month, Karen!
It certainly is! Elinor said when we got done that she was never doing this again. I said, "Oh yes you are!!! You are doing it again in 10 days at MY house!" LOL!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gorgeous mommy and pups! Those babies look like whoppers! Do you have weights? As a breastfeeding educator, I admire mom and pups' nursing skills!
-ap
We, of course, weighed each one as it was born. But Elinor has all the notes at her house naturally. Three were over 7 oz. the 4th was barely under 7 oz. I don't remember the exact weights. All were butterballs, and all have gained weight in the last 24 hours, even though, at this point, they are only drinking colostrum.

Reactions: ShamaMama

·
Metrowest, MA
27,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And here are today's photos... all cleaned up and looking very pretty and very proud of herself and her pretty puppies! The one with the most white on her face was the "trouble maker" girlie! LOL!
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Metrowest, MA
27,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I must have missed this. Puppies in 10 days? Panda?
I would so not be cut out for childbirth, human or dog. I applaud those who are.
Yes! Go check out the "Panda Puppy Journal" thread. That's where Panda and my exploits are being cataloged! LOL!

(I'm DONE with the human children, I have on grand, and I'm having one litter. I have no intention of becoming a "regular" breeder. Perhaps a "once in a great while" litter. We'll see how this one goes! LOL!)

·
Premium Member
4,461 Posts
Awww....such a beautiful momma and puppies! 🥰 Congratulations to the team! 🎉🎊 Those puppies are precious and look very chubby! Momma has very nice teeth too! :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts