Havanese Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which ex pen seems best for indoor use -- Metal (1st picture) or MidWest wire? I'm looking at 24 inch pens. We'll probably put a large piece of laminate under the ex pen to protect our hardwood floor. I like the idea of connecting whatever pen we get to a crate with the crate door open to the pen. I'm not sure that's possible with option 1.

Grey Wood Pet supply Felidae Carnivore

Dog Vertebrate Fence Mammal Land lot

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love the look of the tubular style steel pen more than the MidWest wire pen. Our kitchen and living room are L shaped and they meet where a kitchen table would go, if that makes sense. We don't have a kitchen table, so it's a perfect spot for an ex-pen and crate. I wish there was a tubular style crate to match the pen. I suppose I could skip the crate in the kitchen and just put a dog bed (or fleece blankets) in the ex-pen like you had set up for Ducky in your office. If I should stick with a crate in that space though, I could learn to live with the non matching look. 馃槀

Ohhh! I really like the ex-pens from Seabreeze as a pen to keep at my parents' house when they puppy sit! I'll have to see which size fits best at their house, either the 24脳18 or 24脳36.

We'll put another crate in our room upstairs where the puppy will sleep at night, and maybe one in my husband's office, also upstairs.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Enzo is adorable! We'll use wood pellets with a tray and continue indoor potty training. I'm glad a tarp was a good option for you, even with Enzo having a few accidents.

It will be interesting to see if our two cats try using the puppy's litter tray as their litter box (even though we have 3 just for them). I don't think it will be an issue because they're older cats (17 years old), and they don't really jump anymore. Let's hope, anyway!

My parents' dog had a steel bladder and would hold it for SO long to avoid going outside in the rain.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see several crates in our future! My Amazon cart is overflowing. It makes more sense to me to move the puppy or dog, not the crate. This, coming from someone who 1) had a family dog who never really used a crate or an ex-pen and 2) doesn't even have a puppy yet! 馃槀

Karen, I'd love to know how the Seabreeze holds up if you do purchase one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts