Havanese Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Hope you are all doing well. I wanted to own a dog for my home. I have just found some of the best dog breeds on the internet. But I am little confuse as I don't have any experience of all these breeds.
Anyone here having the experience of these dog breeds? Which will best for my family? I just wanted a small dog breed, which can easily adjust in my family.

·
Arf! Arf!
3,367 Posts
Gary, you are probably not going to get much help on this Forum because most of us think the Havanese is the best dog breed, better than any other.

We cannot tell you what is best for your family because we don't know anything about them. Only you know what is best for your family. If you have questions about the Havanese breed, we can help you there. I would never own any one of the suggested 10 breeds because each comes with some significant issues and they would not be best for my family.

Good luck, let us know if we can help you with the Havanese breed.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi Gary! I was in your same position last fall. I knew my family and I were ready to start looking for a new family pet after our dog had to be put down several months prior. Once it was determined that pet would be a purebred dog (a kitty had been considered for a hot minute too!) I launched into finding which breed would be best for out family.

First, a list! What REALLY matters to you and your family? Don’t forget practicality! What is your living situation- small apartment or house? Back yard? Do you have young children? Would there be someone home at least part of the day for care and companionship? I know for me it was important to have a very sweet natured dog but also highly trainable, and fairly small in stature.
Just by googling and checking sites like AKC, rover.com, and even apps, I found there to be many ways to help find breeds most compatible for your/your family’all lifestyle. I also know lots of dog owners who know other dog owners! Once you narrow it down, then you are in a good position to get to the nitty gritty and ask your questions on reputable breed dedicated sites! If you have Havanese on your short list, this forum is hands down the best place I‘ve found for all things Havanese! All the best in your search, Gary! 😊

1 - 3 of 3 Posts