Havanese Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help - Ollie isn't lifting his leg - any hints on how to save my grass?????

Olliesmom

AKA Catherine

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
I have the opposite problem with my girls. Their usual places are super dark green and the grass grows excessively fast. I don't know if it is the type of grass or the food we feed. Crazy, huh?

My only suggestion is to give him a specific area where he can go that you don't care - or water down his urine every time.

·
Mom of Brutus and Roxie
2,152 Posts
Catherine--have you recently fertilized your lawn? Dog's urine is extra fertilizer. When the grass needs fertilizer, it turns deeper green from the urine. When there is enough fertilizer in the grass already, the urine "burns" it out. Watering it down does help. Do you have a sprinkler system? If Ollie goes outside every morning at the same time, you can set the sprinkler to go off right after that. The morning urine is the most concentrated.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx Cheryl..

Gardner may have...not sure - but makes sense!!! guess I will have to start watering more - there goes the water bill.... chances are no more rain till next winter!

Catherine

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
I dont think NOT lifting the leg would help anyway. Logan now lifts his leg, but it still goes to the same spots. For a while he was fond of peeing in my Hosta beds, well now that spring is coming, and they are sprouting, I have to direct him away from them each time. I am sure he would kill the plant. With three dogs peeing on the lawn = & Lily's is usually on top of Lexi's I am quite surprised that I dont have the yellow spots! Not that I am complaining.
Laurie

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
We have brown spots as well .. You are right about the am urine being the most concentrated ..
In the winter they used the pee pee pads but now we are in transition . We are trying to act like big boys and do it outside ..
We live on a golf course in the desert so I am going to get one of the resseed divot bottles and reseed and see if that helps . The sprinklers go off at 8am and the boys pee at 7 am but we still have brown spots ..

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
I also have this problem with yellow/brown spots in my grass from the boys peeing.Both of my guys are squatters so I don't think that makes much if any difference.It is dissappointing.....I have seen some kind of green grass biscuits and lawn saving liquid or something you add to their water but have not tried either myself.Has anyone tried those with any success?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts