Havanese Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
27,661 Posts
All Zuke’s Mini Naturals treats have been withdrawn from stores for potential mold contamination.

I have occasionally had a bag of OPENED Zukes go moldy in the summer time. I’ve never opened one and found mold. That’s too bad. Overall it seems like a pretty responsible company.

·
Registered
530 Posts
We love Zukes in our house and have never had problems. Sounds like they are doing the responsible thing though!

Reactions: krandall

·
Arf! Arf!
3,224 Posts
MY, MY, MY.........I just ordered and received a bag of Zuke's mini treats on the basis of recommendations on HF. I haven't even opened the bag and now this.

I have been using Train Me treats made by Crazy Dog. Their facilities are located about 30 minutes down the road from me. RICKY is nuts about them and Train Me is one of my primary go to treat rewards. Here is my unscientific comparison of the two treats (Zuke's and Crazy Dog)
  • The two treats appear to be essentially the same - size, ingredients, color, etc.
  • Train Me is available in several different flavors (RICKY is currently eating the bacon flavored)
  • Both are 3 calories per treat
  • I assume RICKY would like Zuke's equally well.
  • Zuke's is 90% more expensive per ounce than Crazy Dog.
  • I would keep both in a tightly sealed bag in the refrigerator after opening to prevent mold.

I will not be purchasing Zuke's in the future. It is not a good value. Now I have to decide what to do with the unopened bag of Zuke's. I am prepared to just trash the bag of Zuke's rather than compromise RICKY's health. A couple of years ago, DD2 unintentionally fed her Lab some kibble that was moldy. Her dog was very sick and it cost her over 10 dog dollars at the Vet to make him well. At this point I am undecided what I will do with the bag of Zuke's.

·
Metrowest, MA
27,661 Posts
MY, MY, MY.........I just ordered and received a bag of Zuke's mini treats on the basis of recommendations on HF. I haven't even opened the bag and now this.

I have been using Train Me treats made by Crazy Dog. Their facilities are located about 30 minutes down the road from me. RICKY is nuts about them and Train Me is one of my primary go to treat rewards. Here is my unscientific comparison of the two treats (Zuke's and Crazy Dog)
  • The two treats appear to be essentially the same - size, ingredients, color, etc.
  • Train Me is available in several different flavors (RICKY is currently eating the bacon flavored)
  • Both are 3 calories per treat
  • I assume RICKY would like Zuke's equally well.
  • Zuke's is 90% more expensive per ounce than Crazy Dog.
  • I would keep both in a tightly sealed bag in the refrigerator after opening to prevent mold.

I will not be purchasing Zuke's in the future. It is not a good value. Now I have to decide what to do with the unopened bag of Zuke's. I am prepared to just trash the bag of Zuke's rather than compromise RICKY's health. A couple of years ago, DD2 unintentionally fed her Lab some kibble that was moldy. Her dog was very sick and it cost her over 10 dog dollars at the Vet to make him well. At this point I am undecided what I will do with the bag of Zuke's.
I’d contact the company. My guess is they might give you your money back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts