Havanese Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
The first photo is My Variocage. The second is the Rufflands in the back seat of the pickup truck. The third is the same crates in our Mini Cooper. (so they DO fit in just about ANY car! LOL!) The next one is our downstairs crates, and the last one is Kodi's big "master bedroom" upstairs. LOL! This used to belong to an Australian Cattle Dog and was gifted to Kodi. He doesn't mind the extra room in his older years! In this photo, Pixel was napping WITH him in there. ;)
[/QUOTE]

Karen, can you tell me what type of crates the wooden ones are in the last 2 pictures and the dimensions? And where you purchased?

·
Metrowest, MA
27,243 Posts
i
The first photo is My Variocage. The second is the Rufflands in the back seat of the pickup truck. The third is the same crates in our Mini Cooper. (so they DO fit in just about ANY car! LOL!) The next one is our downstairs crates, and the last one is Kodi's big "master bedroom" upstairs. LOL! This used to belong to an Australian Cattle Dog and was gifted to Kodi. He doesn't mind the extra room in his older years! In this photo, Pixel was napping WITH him in there. ;)
Karen, can you tell me what type of crates the wooden ones are in the last 2 pictures and the dimensions? And where you purchased?
[/QUOTE]

Theses are the small ones. We have 4 of them: Wayfair.com - Online Home Store for Furniture, Decor, Outdoors & More

They aren’t really wood. They are a material called “Ecoflex”. It’s a composite, and I think it’s better for a kennel. It is very sturdy, it LOOKS like wood, but is completely waterproof, and super easy to clean. The big one is WAAAY larger... more than double the size... MUCH bigger than any Havanese would need. i would never have bought it, but since it was gifted to us, I love that my old guy has his luxurious space to sorawl out. It is also not as well made. I think there is particleboard involved, and I am SURE it would not hold up to chewing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
OK thanks. They have one on Amazon that looks identical for same price. Shipping on this item from Wayfair is a whopping $82 if you live in Fairbanks, AK and free on Amazon. Considering Frankie is 15 lbs at 6 months do you think the small would be ok if he gets to 20lbs?

·
Metrowest, MA
27,243 Posts
OK thanks. They have one on Amazon that looks identical for same price. Shipping on this item from Wayfair is a whopping $82 if you live in Fairbanks, AK and free on Amazon. Considering Frankie is 15 lbs at 6 months do you think the small would be ok if he gets to 20lbs?
“Looks identical?” Or the same brand? The reason I ask is that many I have looked at are very cheaply made, even though attractive. Also,I would NOT advise tgese for a puppy who is still teething. I have not used them that way, and I know there are reviews saying thet some dogs have chewed them. My dogs were fully adult and fully crate trained when I bought them.

I do not think the small would be large enough for long term confinement for a 20 lb. Havanese. It is fine for Kodi the way we use them downstairs, because we only use them for meals. They aren’t in them for more than 5 minutes at a time. They are also plenty big for sleeping crates for either of the girls. (9 1/2 and 12 1/2 lbs) Kodi can curl up in one, but he can’t stretch out, and I think a dog should be able to lie flat on their side comfortably in a crate. Kodi is only 17 1/2 lbs and within standard. I would not use one of these crates as a sleeping crate for Kodi, and it sounds like you think your guy will be even bigger.

ETA: it does look like Amazon carries the exact same crate,, so you are in luck! Wayfair delivers to us for free, so that wasn’t an issue.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts